PDA

View Full Version : I'm new

EricG
05-13-2012, 09:32 AM
Hey all,

I am new to finding a lupus community, I have not been officially diagnosed with SLE yet, hopefully they will actually agree this coming 24th. I have all the blood tests and symptons that point to lupus but the VA doctors do not want to say I have SLE because I am a 25 yr old male so they just keep testing me for everything else which comes up negative. but at least they are trying to just make sure before they diagnose me. I starting getting really getting flares and noticing something was wrong when I was in Iraq but I just figured it was just from being over there so I didnt think much of it at the times but then all my symptons and pains and rashes etc kept getting worse and for the past 7 months I have been trying to get the VA to check for autoimmune diseases ( I didnt want to say I think I had lupus cause they would just look at me like im crazy) So they check me for RA which showed a high titer with speckles which finally had them start to look more into everything. I am still in the Army National Guard but wont be for much longer cause of everything. But o well, I am a single dad and my daughter and my health are more important. Thanks for reading :D

n.mac
05-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Welcome to this site and Thank You For Your Service!

My son is a Marine and my daughter is Army National Guard.She is headed to Afghanastan this fall.

I hope you get the attention you need from the VA. They like most government org. are stretched thin on manpower and resourses.

We need to take better care of our vets!

Take Care Niall

forty2
05-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Welcome, I'm new too. I've really been curious about onset as well. The things I suspect that happened in the two year period before I was diagnosed were a case of pharyngitis so severe I was hospitalized for a week, a strange "heatstroke like" episode that put me down for a week, and an extended period of high emotional stress (couple of months)..I'm here because I too have small children and see myself needing to remain in the workforce for many more years. I'm in law enforcement and come into contact with folks with all kinds of communicable diseases on a daily basis, so there's some concern for state of my immune system when taking some meds....My symptoms are less severe than most folks here, we'll hope your dx turns out to be a manageable one..

rob
05-13-2012, 11:02 PM
Hello EricG and forty2, welcome to our group!

Rob

steve.b
05-14-2012, 12:17 AM
hi eric,
welcome our cyber family.
there is an active member of the army who also has lupus.
(i forget his name, but he is a member here)

i am also ex military.
just over 12 years in the australian airforce.

i am sorry that you have to be here,but glad you found us.

tgal
05-14-2012, 08:34 AM
Hi and welcome to WHL. We are sorry that you need us but very glad that you found us

kim,l
05-14-2012, 08:37 PM
welcome to whl family i am sorry you are having to go through this. my husband was in the army and i to thankyou for helping to protect our world and keep it safe.