PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day gift idea's.. HELP!!!

tripLexie
05-11-2012, 07:36 AM
Hello all, hope everyone is as close to pain-free as possible today!

With Mother's Day only 2 days away... And me 1,500 miles away from mom and grandma.. I NEED HELP!!

What sort of things can I do/buy online or over the phone for them? I was thinking like buying a massage or something.. But I figured some of y'all might have some more creative ideas...

P.S.... I'm 20 y/o and supporting myself as well as the myraid amount of meds and appts. soooooooooooooo... I'm a broke girl haha!!! Think cheaply : )

Manderson
05-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Do they have a favorite place to eat or a spa/nail place they like? It's too late to mail a GC tho, but could somewhere email them a certificate? Think amazon.com How about flowers? Altho delivery rates just shot up for the weekend.

rob
05-11-2012, 10:24 AM
See's Chocolates are what I used to buy my Mom when we lived in different states.

Now that she just lives down the road, I go over and cook her favorite Chicken Fajitas for her and I bring a movie.

magistramarla
05-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Lexie,
I don't expect my kids to send me anything - I understand that they are dealing with their own issues. I just enjoy getting those phone calls on Mother's Day. I count them down until all five have called and chatted with me. Added bonus - when three of the girls call, I get to chat with the grandsons, too!
I'll be that your Mom feels the same - just happy to have a nice chat with you and hear "I love you, Mom."
Hugs,
Marla