PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out!

Codi98
05-10-2012, 07:08 PM
So just got letter telling me that next month my ins will stop covering my rheumy! So frustrated feel like we finally had good progress and plan of treatment and now going to be starting over i cant afford to decline back to where i was. Im still on my dads ins so its hard looking into other options like getin on boyfriends which would mean marriage which we want just not so quick i cant go through my work cause i dont work enough cause of my disease i dont wanna switch doctors its so hard to find one that doesnt look at you like your crazy ugh all i wanna do is cry and screamso frustrated :(

tripLexie
05-11-2012, 08:58 AM
I'm sorry Codi : (

I don't know what I would do without my insurance. Please keep us updated and I wish that I had more advice for you! We're here if you need to vent more!!

theLword
05-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Hi Codi,

Dealing with insurance is always stressful. I would first see if you can be seen temporarily at a clinic until you figure something out long term. I'm not sure where you are from, but most places have free walk-in clinics. They may be able to point you in the right direction regarding your prescriptions too.

Since you can only work part-time, have you applied for SSI? Other than that I would look into applying for Medicare or Medicaid (depending if you live in the US or not). If you're only able to work part-time you should qualify financially.

I hope everything works out!

SleepyInSeattle
05-11-2012, 01:56 PM
That SUCKS!!!! Healthcare issue just shouldn't be a worry for people - we have enough to deal with day-to-day already!

At the very least, could you have your current Rheumy write a good "cover letter" with your diagnosis and treatment plan, and attach the relevant bloodwork/tests - make several copies so you can always have one with you if you need to go to a clinic.

tgal
05-11-2012, 06:42 PM
So sorry you are going through this. I agree about the letter from your current Rheumy. I always get a copy of all of my labs and keep them in a folder for future reference and docs. I currently have no insurance and haven't for almost 2 years so I know how difficult this is.

Good luck in getting it straightened out!

rob
05-11-2012, 07:14 PM
That SUCKS!!!! Healthcare issue just shouldn't be a worry for people - we have enough to deal with day-to-day already!

Yep.

It's as if we don't have enough s**t to deal with as it is. Situations like this are a frakking travesty.

Codi98
05-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Thanks for all your concerns helps that im not alone! Luckily we have figured it out so i will still o have coverage but have to switch docs which is a headache in its self but dealing with it. Hope i can make it a smooth transition luckily my ocd has made me keep awesome records lol