PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh anyone?

Trista
05-16-2006, 07:25 PM
Is anyone else from the Pittsburgh area? If so, have you found any support groups or networks out there? I'm feeling stranded, like there isn't anyone else in the area. I have a great group of people surrounding me, but none of them can relate to how this feels.

caro
05-17-2006, 11:03 PM
trista
you can call 412-261-5886 or 1-800-800-5776 to contact the LFA ( lupus foundation of america) in the pitts area you can also contact them online at info@lupuspa.org.
i go to pitts to the lupus center of excellence for my treatment. it's at the the magee womans center. they might have other contact information or othre groups that i don't know about. good luck.
caro

Trista
05-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Thanks so much for the info. I'm waiting for an appointment with the Lupus Center right now. Have you had good experiences with them?

caro
06-15-2006, 01:51 PM
trista
sorry it took so long to reply. i've been in the hospital and then staying at my parents recovering.
the care at the lupus center is the GREATEST. i highly recommend the place to anyone. they care more than any people i know and they aren't afraid to show it.
don't be afraid to ask them anything and really get the answers you need . they really will give you thier all. i've been going there for almost a year and another friend of mine has been there for about 2 years. we both believe that they are the reason we are alive today. GOD gave us a precious gift when He showed us the lupus center.
GOOD LUCK! let me know what dotor you see.
caro

ButterflyRN
06-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Trista and Caro- Good luck with the Lupus Center at Magee's. I grew up in Pittsburgh being treated most of my years with Lupus at Children's. I've recently heard about the lupus center over the past couple of years and I hear they are great! I'm now in Virginia and have found some good docs due to the recommendations from the great docs in Pittsburgh. I can't remember her name but the one female rhematologist is really good. My friend I think still sees her. Best of luck to both of you!

Trista
06-27-2006, 01:57 PM
I'm seeing Dr. Kao at the Lupus Center. I've seen her twice and I'm so glad to be going there. They got me an appointment within two days when I started having problems with feelings in my feet.
Caro - I hope you're feeling better now