PDA

View Full Version : World Lupus Day

Leahc
05-09-2012, 07:55 AM
Well, for tomorrow, a good friend of mine that is a Kindegarten teacher at my kids school is trying to get the school to support not just Dylan, but everyone else that has Lupus, by wearing their "Dylan" shirts. I had told some people on Dylan's FB page to make sure that they wore their shirts but for her to go on her own and do that was very thoughtful! Our friends had put together a benefit for us back in October, and they had ordered t-shirts that say "Fighting for Dylan" Help fing a cure for Lupus. We also have a ton of purple bracelets that also say Fighting for Dylan Lupus awareness.

Was wondering what everyone else is doing?

tripLexie
05-09-2012, 08:30 AM
I'm lazy, and supporting myself financially, so I'll just be wearing purple and also spreading the word to wear purple through social networking.

Good for you though with all your Lupus activism!!!! I need to order some Lupus awareness stuff.

ritzbit2
05-09-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm wearing all my lupus gear tomorrow and blowing up all my friends news feeds on facebook with lupus facts! My lupus walk is on Saturday so I'll feel more like thats my "world lupus day" lol all my friends and family are dressing up with me then.

Mica
05-09-2012, 03:39 PM
I'll probably stay home and celebrate with my lonely self. I will make sure to wear purple though!

theLword
05-10-2012, 07:33 AM
"Happy" Lupus Awareness Day to my fellow Lupies :)

I have decided that I am going to start training to run the Philadelphia Lupus 5k in October. This is a big deal, not only because I have Lupus, but also because I'm the laziest person ever! haa But I am in the beginning stages of the disease and I am going to do this not only for my future self, who may not be able to do this again, but also for those of us who cannot. I will do it for you.

So wish me luck. This is going to be a serious battle because right now I can't even walk briskly down the street without getting winded, but I know what the power of positive mind can bring and that's my secret weapon. I'll keep you all posted on my progress and know that I'm also posting this so that you guys can all hold me to it :)

I hope you all health on this day dedicated to making others aware of our daily struggles in hope to one day finding a cure for Lupus.

tgal
05-10-2012, 08:11 AM

Pass it on