PDA

View Full Version : AVENGERS is Awesome!

magistramarla
05-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Hi Everyone,
If you want a few hours of great distraction from all of your cares, hurry to see this movie!
We saw it today, and it is one of those films where the audience can't help but cheer, laugh and clap during the movie.
By the end, the entire theater full of people was clapping.
My hubby is a huge fan of these comic-book films, so we've seen all of the lead-up films - Thor, Iron Man, Captain America and The Hulk.
I've come to really enjoy them, too. The Avengers is on a whole new level. I REALLY loved this one.
(Oh, and the hunks were fun to watch, with some lovely ladies for Jeff's entertainment, too.)
Even if your not usually into fantasy/comic book films, go see it just for the fun!
Hugs,
Marla

SleepyInSeattle
05-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Oh I am so excited to hear that!!! It's gotten such amazing reviews....

My hubby is also a life-long comic fanatic - we have enjoyed the "lead-up" films as well - especially Iron Man. We were going to go last night, but I just wasn't up to it. Something to look forward to!!!!

steve.b
05-07-2012, 02:33 AM
... and the hunks were fun to watch, .....

just a little distraction from all those men running past your front door in military shorts.

such is the life of a military wife lol.

Saysusie
05-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Rob; that gave me a good chuckle :-)
Marla; Hubby and I always try to have a date night on Tuesdays, so we were planning to see the movie tomorrow. Now that you've endorsed it, I am even more excited to see it. Thanx for the review.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Mica
05-07-2012, 03:51 PM
UGH!!! I want to see that movie so bad but don't but I don't have money!

rob
05-07-2012, 05:32 PM
just a little distraction from all those men running past your front door in military shorts.

Us guys need some distractions too.

Gotta go see the Alien prequel Prometheus.

Charlize Theron + Flamethrower = Woo Hoo !!!

ritzbit2
05-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Us guys need some distractions too.

Gotta go see the Alien prequel Prometheus.

Charlize Theron + Flamethrower = Woo Hoo !!!

My boyfriend is very excited to see that movie lol I feel like I won't have a say next time we go and we'll end up seeing that lol he LOVES the alien movies. I'm the comic book geek though and want to see the Avengers sooo bad!

rob
05-07-2012, 06:00 PM
My boyfriend is very excited to see that movie lol I feel like I won't have a say next time we go and we'll end up seeing that lol he LOVES the alien movies. I'm the comic book geek though and want to see the Avengers sooo bad!

Prometheus has garnered all sorts of attention because of the fact that Ridley Scott is the director. He directed the very first film, Alien, so for Sci-Fi purists, this is really awesome. And, Ridley Scott is known for some fine movies like Gladiator, Blackhawk Down, and Blade Runner, so this ought to be a great film regardless of genre.

You know, I'm more of a sci-fi geek than comic book geek, but when Marla recommends a movie, it's gotta be good, so Karen and I will be going to see The Avengers this coming weekend.

rob
05-07-2012, 06:17 PM
A bit of useless movie trivia-

The actor Chris Hemsworth who plays Thor in The Avengers, also played Lt. George Kirk, the father of Capt. James T. Kirk, in the 2009 kick-butt J.J. Abrams series reboot film Star Trek.

SleepyInSeattle
05-07-2012, 07:32 PM
Well I am so glad to see all the other sci-fi/comic geeks around here.... "great minds" and all that....

Hey - maybe Lupus is just latent Mutant Superpowers waiting to emerge....where's Dr. Xavier when you need him?!

debbie-b
05-08-2012, 03:55 AM
Hi Marla,

My husband thanks you for your post. Because of what you wrote, I promised my hubby, that I would go and see this movie with him. First of all, I hate going to the movies, because I can't get comfortable ( my hips, back, knees and shoulders hurt and at home I can find a position that is tolarable), plus I am not to thrilled about those kind of movies.
Anyway, I made his day, when I told him that I will go.
He has been talking about this movie for weeks.

Debbie

magistramarla
05-08-2012, 02:14 PM

Steve,
LOL - I have one answer for that -it's one of my favorite quotes - "I may be married, but I ain't dead yet!"

Luv ya,
Marla

magistramarla
05-08-2012, 02:17 PM
There are a few of us here who are real sci fi/ fantasy geeks. My hubby and I definitely are. If there is a good sci fi film out or on the TV, we're there.
We've trained the kids and now the grandkids to enjoy it, too.
I'm convinced that being a sci fi geek is a sign of intelligence - LOL.
Hugs,
Marla

ritzbit2
05-08-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm convinced that being a sci fi geek is a sign of intelligence - LOL.

Lol I keep telling my mom that. My brother is in kindergarten and is in all the advanced groups, and has practically memorized the star wars movies lol I told my mom that star wars nerds turn into band geeks that turn into the valedictorian! lol I told her he should start up in a Lego League group at school next year and she said "that sounds nerdy" and I told her she needs to get the "geek=bad" idea out of her head because they're the ones who get scholarships. I was a cheerleader and she wouldn't let my join the band because it was "for nerds" and then I ended up being friends with all of them all through school because they were all the kids in my advanced classes lol

I am a geek and I am proud! lol