PDA

View Full Version : Botox For Migraines

Saysusie
05-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Hey; I just caught a blip on Sunday Morning that they have found that Botox injections actually help people who suffer from Migraines. Has anyone else heard about this?
I have been suffering from migraines for years now and recently am on day three on a non-relenting migraine. So, I am at my wits end and ready to do almost anything.
I've been against Botox for cosmetic reasons..but I am soooo ready to try it if it really does work for migraines.
Anyone else hear anything about this??

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
05-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Saysusie,
I have heard about this, but my experience with Botox is for my Spasmodic Dysphonia. I have had wonderful good luck with it. The only down side is that it wears off and I have to go back for the next one - I generally get 3-4 injections per year. Many folks on the Spastic Paraplegia site have had good results with Botox injections for spasming leg muscles, too. If a muscle is in spasm, those injections tend to help.
I'm scheduled to see a doc who is an expert in SP in July. If she verifies that I do indeed have SP, I intend to ask if I can try Botox for the leg muscles while still getting the vocal cord injections.
I say ask about it and give it a try if you get the chance.
Hugs,
Marla

steve.b
05-07-2012, 02:18 AM
i have heard mixed reports....
it depends where and why you have migraines.

i do not know much more, but do reccommend looking into it.
i hope you find some form of relief.

Saysusie
05-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Thanx Steve & Marla;
I am going to do some extensive research on it and have put in an e-mail to my rheumy to ask her about it also. I will let you know what I find our and if-or-when I decide to try it!

Thanx Again
Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

tgal
05-07-2012, 11:28 AM
I will keep my fingers crossed!!!

LenaT14
05-18-2012, 09:50 AM
My cousin who is a migraine sufferer got some botox in her forhead for vanity reasons and as an added surprise benefit she has not had a migraine since! She is definitely going back for more....why not??? Kill my wrinkly forehead and migraines in one shot....sounds perfect to me :)