PDA

View Full Version : big day

Codi98
05-06-2012, 03:47 AM
Ugh so yesterday was such a big day i had to do more than ive done in a really long time. I worked four hours then right after that my boyfriend family had a bbq which was fun but went on a little to long for my current state. And then after that we came home made some cocktails and ended up talking for hours. Which was great! But even after all that my body wont let me sleep i know i over did it but i at least thought that i would be able to get good rest. Its such a catch 22 do you not do anyrhing and not be able to sleep or go out and do things and still not be able to sleep. I hate how goingg to pay for at least a day or more. Thanks for listening to me vent

Saysusie
05-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Just know that you are not alone! So many of us here have difficulty sleeping, no matter what we do. The sleep disturbances can be a symptom of our illnesses so, hopefully, when treating the underlying illness we can have a positive affect on our inability to sleep.
However, personally, I have to take prescription sleep aides in order to get a full night of sleep. If I do not have something that puts me into a deep sleep, I have night terrors or I do not sleep at all. I also sleep with music and/or movies using my earbuds and my portable DVD player. This seems to work for me, perhaps someone else will have other suggestions based upon what works for them. Perhaps you can discuss, with your doctor, something to help you sleep.
I hope that you feel better soon. Yes it is difficult to always have to pay the price for everything that we do.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Codi98
05-06-2012, 06:16 PM
They have me on sleeping pills but some nights they just dont cut it. And ya netflix is my best friend when im trying to sleep. Luckily sunday aloud for some grreat nap time.

Saysusie
05-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Yes..netflix has become my night time savior (lol). I am glad that you were able to get some napping time. I spent most of the day today napping also..trying to overcome a migraine..ugh

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
05-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Codi,
Many of us know what you mean. There have been quite a few discussions about this in past threads.
Personally, I can't take anything narcotic, so I have to stick with "natural". It has been noted here several times that melatonin isn't good for Lupies, but my rheumy suggested it. It does help me to get to sleep more quickly. I still wake up several times a night with muscle spasms, bladder spasms (2-3 trips to the RR every night) and pouring with sweat (in a room kept at 63 degrees!). If I don't take the melatonin, I have a more difficult time getting back to sleep after each episode. To try to combat the spasms, I also often add in some Magnesium and Potassium before I go to bed.
I know that I often disturb my hubby's sleep. After 35 years of sleeping cuddled together, I really hate to sleep apart. There have been a few nights when he has had a paper due that I've gone to the spare room to thrash around so that he can get his sleep.
Good luck with finding what works for you.
Hugs,
Marla

BonusMom
05-07-2012, 02:24 AM
It's 2:10 a.m. and although I was asleep at 9:30 last night, I woke up at 1:30, ready to start the day. It's like my body can't figure out when it's night or day any more. I don't know if it's an SLE thing or what, but it's getting old!

It wouldn't be so bad if I could nap during the day whenever I felt the need, but that's not the case. I work full time and have a family that is not what I'd call self-reliant. Sometimes, however, I do close the door to my office and indulge in a 20 minute power nap when I find myself extremely tired while at work. It is refreshing and allows me to refocus.