PDA

View Full Version : new doctor new questions

lynday
05-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Hello everyone,
So i went to yet another dr. today. I explained all my symptoms to him.. sick to stomach...stiffness....joint pain......vomiting...dry mouth and eyes.....tigeling in arms ....muscle weakness...you know the list is endless..anyway he said that it would not appear that i have mctd. He said i could have lupus or celiecs. Has anyone ever gotton a digonise of celiecs. He told me that usually a postive rnp of 3.7 is not an indication of celiecs but that my symptoms are. Now i'm so confused....has anyone had a high rnp and than was retested and the rnp came back negitive.
hugs
lynday

steve.b
05-02-2012, 09:58 PM
please remember that we are dealing with black box medicine.

doctors do not know enough about our problems.
they diagnose by a process of elimination.
different doctors understand your symptoms slightly differently.

it is unfortunatelly not uncommon to have doctors disagree on diagnosis.
if it is a broken toe, you can see the break.
if it is auto immune everyone is really only guessing.
the best we can hope for is an educated guess.

lynday
05-03-2012, 04:03 AM
Ty for your response!!! Still so confused! Do not understand how this could all be related to celiecs! All my symptoms and blood work tell a different story! That's why I wanted to know if a positive rnp (3.7) can come back negative ��
Xoxo
Lynday

Tammy1962
05-03-2012, 05:59 AM
Celiac disease (CD) is an autoimmune disorder. Thus, not out of the question for anyone who has been diagnosed with any other autoimmune disorder.

But Steve makes a good point. YOU and you alone are responsible for you health (I learned that lesson the hard way 20 years ago). If a doctor suggested celiac disease to me, I'd read everything I could about it. In this case, suggest trying a glutin free diet and seeing if my symptoms got better. I am very careful trying new medication, I always try other solutions first.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

lynday
05-03-2012, 06:33 AM
Ty so much tammy and of course stevie! I have looked into this, although neuroligically i have many symptims of celiecs i di not have sny if the gastro problems. Infact i love carbs. Carbs help me calm my stomach down when im nausa. If i di have this than that will blow my mind! Dr said not to go glueton free because they have to test me with gluetin in me to get the proper dignose. However he did mention that a postive rnp is not an indication of celiecs. He is retesting my rnp. I just want to know if an rnp can come back negitive after it has been postive avhigh postive of 3.7 also can plaqunil mske a rnp negitive?ugh i know so many questions!
Xoxo
Lynday

ritzbit2
05-03-2012, 09:25 AM
In relation to the RNP, while I can't say for sure, it is very possible to have tests for antibodies come back negative after first being positive. It happens alot with people and their ANA levels and then doctors brush them off. I myself test positive for RNP, SM, RO, and ANA antibodies but the numbers fluctuate and go up and down. My doctor has only checked these levels a few times, like twice since my diagnosis, and I would guess its because of that reason. Last time it was checked I was negative for the first time on the SM antibody, but I would like to think it was because I was feeling very healthy at the time and because my medicine was doing its job.

lynday
05-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Ahhhh Ty so much for your response!!!