PDA

View Full Version : I got my appiontment for the trail

leaann
05-02-2012, 11:36 AM
As most of you know I am going for a trial medication for lupus. I got my appointment today, They called and set it up for May 9th to up to Greenville SC and do the screening. I dont know if I should be happy or worried. I want to do this but I still have some issues. My daughter is taking off from work and going up there with me, which is good I don't want to be alone doing this and my husband can't take off work right now. I think it is best that she go with me instead of him, my kids have been a bigger help the last few months more than my husband and it is just easier this way.

My flare has calmed down some this week so that is good. I hope that it doesn't come back anytime soon even though the clinic needs to see what is going on. I think things are finally going in a good direction now. The stress in my life seems to be getting better, even though I am worried about my dad, he is not doing very well and has lost over 100 pounds since Christmas and there is no explanation for it. Now he is refusing to go to the doctor over it and my mom is worried and she doesn't need to be, but mom has held stable now for awhile, and she is still at the end off stage 3 in her kidney disease. So there is some hope there.

Just wanted to post and let everyone know what was going on

rob
05-02-2012, 01:55 PM
You are contributing to a study that down the road could bring us all a better med, and another possible treatment option. I think it's great that you are taking part in the trial.

leaann
05-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Thanks I hope that it helps if not me but maybe someone. I guess since I have never done this before it is kind of scarey for me. But at least I get a trip back to my home town, that will be kind of cool.

magistramarla
05-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Hey Lea,
We're all happy for you getting to do this. I hope that it helps you a lot!
Hugs,
Marla

steve.b
05-02-2012, 09:24 PM
good luck.....
i am glad you decided to do it.

lisalewis1973
05-05-2012, 12:39 PM
good luck!! when i go to the doctor next week i should look into that trial..Im sorry about your dad..

leaann
05-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Hey Lisa there seems to be a lot of good trials out there maybe there would be a good one for you. Good luck with the doctor next week.

tripLexie
05-09-2012, 06:49 AM
Good luck Lea!!! I praise you for your bravery!!!

leaann
05-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Here is an update on how our trip went to the trail doctor. I was very pleased with the staff and they drew lots of Blood and ask lots of questions. We get the blood back next week and if all goes well we start the week after next. Still if there is something wrong with the blood work they will put in another trial, that is working to do away with all of us taking predisone. It is a self injection medication. So either way, sounds good and promising. will keep everyone posted.

tripLexie
05-11-2012, 08:39 AM
Yes, please keep us posted!!! Do you mean that if your bloodwork doesn't come back the way they want it do, they'll still do a trial??

Do you know what group of drugs this is in?? Immunosuppression??

leaann
05-11-2012, 08:52 AM
If my blood work is not the way they want it to be I will do another trial instead of this one.
This is the one I am going for
A Phase 3 randomized Double Blind multicenter study of the efficacy and safety of four 12- week treatment cycles(48 weeks total) of Epratuzumab in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Subjects with moderate to severe Disease (Embody 1).

jae li
03-04-2014, 08:45 AM
Hi. How did it go with this medication? I am meeting with a doctor on monday to find out if i qualify for a trial with it.