PDA

View Full Version : Lamictal (lamotrigine) anyone??

ladybugs mommy
05-01-2012, 09:48 PM
hi there everyone! hope all is well..

i'm wondering if any of you are on, or have been on Lamictal (lamotrigine)? i'm currently on it for seizure control and was on it together with depakote (valproic acid), but after a major flare and hospital stay, we abruptly stopped the depakote and am now on a gradual increase of the lamictal. i'm not happy with this, especially since it's really not controlling my siezures. i only stopped the depakote because my hubby (and i too) strongly felt the depakote was makigng me crazy (i was hallucinating and hearing things!).

i began having SEVERE chest pain several months ago and had more than a full cardiac workup with nothing found, which has been frustrating. my rheumie felt it was blood clots, especially since i have the lupus anticoagulant (something ???) and i either throw clots or don't clot enough (not enough platelets), so i'm on a self injectable blood thinner (Lovenox) twice a day. all this in addition to my regular med cocktail of prednisone 45mg; plaquenil 200mg/2x; cellcept 200mg/3x; and chemotherapy (cytoxan/rituxan) every other month.

now what i'm wondering is if anyone is on or has been on this medication (Lamictal) and if you have experienced severe chest pains, like having a heart attack, can't breathe, about to pass out severe.

thanks all!
angela
ladybugs mommy

steve.b
05-02-2012, 04:55 AM
angela,
i have not used lamictal......
but i had to write a comment.

i wanted you to know i am thinking of you.
you have a friend here who will be thinking of you daily.
ihope your able to resolve a few of the issues.

waiting for your next update.

ladybugs mommy
05-02-2012, 10:12 PM
hi steve b.
you (and saysusie) always have kind words for me and i so appreciate that. please know that i may not comment often but i am here and think of everyone often. it's hard for me to type, i haven't even been able to keep up my blog regularly lately (http://princesstinybutt.blogspot.com), but hubby just got some voice recognition software for me to try and i'm so excited! mainly because i live on the computer, i'm sure like most of us.

thanks again steve b.

angela :)
ladybugs mommy

E42brchick
05-21-2012, 08:30 PM
I was on lamictal for a long time before I was diagnosed with lupus, and I had no side effects.
Sorry I'm not much help. I hope things get better for you soon.