PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone else blogging?

leaann
05-01-2012, 11:48 AM
I am trying to blog and I am not sure what the heck I am doing but it seems to be coming along. I was wondering if anyone else was blogging about lupus and family life. Would love to read more blogs.

here is mine,
http://lonelupuswolf.blogspot.com/

It is mainly about lupus and stress and getting people to understand what we go through as lupies

Hunniebun
05-01-2012, 02:30 PM
I started to a while back, but there is so much in my head to write, that I don't know how to continue and I want to.

leaann
05-02-2012, 09:41 AM
You should get back to it. I don't have much to do during the day and I have a lot of stress and it seem to help me. If you get back to it let me know I would like to see what you do.

Chesterwin
05-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Hi Lea,

I know nothing about blogs, but I started to read yours and it sounds like you have been through a lot! I admire your strength and hope the blogging helps to air things out and that your online community support helps you through it all!

I have to ask though.....if you don't mind sharing......how does your daughter have 2 birthdays a few days apart? Sounds like an interesting story!

Heather

leaann
05-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Hi Heather,

thanks for reading my blog. I don't mind tell why my daughter has 2 birthdays. It is kind of wired. We were in a military hospital, My daughter was over a month early she was suppose to be born at the end of Feb. but around the middle of Dec that year I went in to labor. I was a high risk pregnancy. I had an animo to see if it was ok for her to be born. I stayed in labor from Dec 15 till Jan 1 on the first she decided that she wanted to com. I had been in the hospital for some time. The doctors did not want her to come yet, She was determined that she was going to come so her arm and shoulder was born on Jan 1 st, ad for 4 days I had to lay still in a bed with my labor on hold with part of my daughter hanging out. sorry about that part. Anyway she got in distress and no mater what the doctors did she was coming out. she finished being born on Jan 4th. They gave me the option to pick either the 1st or the 4th as her birthday so we went with the 4th as the official day. She was given 4 days to live and put on life support. on the 4th day they removed the life support and told me that she was going to die, I tried to stop them from removing the life support but didn't have any luck with it. They ask me to prepare to bury my daughter. Something happen and after 11 days we took her home and she became a beautiful little girl who is now 23 with no health problems. We do celebrate the birth of her arm on the 1st and we celebrate the rest of her birth on the 4th. Kind of wired.
She likes it because it made her special.

Chesterwin
05-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Wow, that is one amazing story! Thanks for sharing! It sounds like your daughter is one tough cookie....with a great Mom!

leaann
05-07-2012, 07:47 AM
Thanks, Chesterwin. I was determined that since my first daughter had passed away,(genetic disorder) that I wasn't going to let it happen again. I was determined that I would get a living child. I had to fight with all my children when they were born. Pregnancy was not good for me. My son who will be 22 this year spend days in NICU on oxygen and we were told he would have sever mental problems. It's funny how the doctors were so wrong, he graduated with honors from high school in 2009 and just got his degree in arts this last week.

I look back on all of that now and wonder if lupus was effecting me then with all this. My other son Harley he was born at home and stayed in the hospital for 3 years, his luck wasn't so good, when he was 6 years old he was in an accident and passed away. I feel that a lot of his problems could have been from some sort or auto immune issue. He had a lot of the same issues I had when I was born. His were just more extreme. Harley would have been 21 this year.