PDA

View Full Version : epratuzumab trail medication

leaann
04-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Some of you know that my doctor thought that it might be a good idea if I try a trial medication that they are testing for lupus, I have a chance at getting in to this trial for the medication epratuzumab. I have read up on it online and I got some information on it from the clinic that would be doing this infusion. Not sure what to think about all this. Was kind of looking for some input. thanks everyone.

magistramarla
04-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Lea,
I don't know if you've already seen this, but the Lupus Foundation had good things to say about it:
"UCB and Immunomedics Inc. announced today that a new lupus drug candidate, epratuzumab, provided a significant reduction in disease activity in patients with moderate to severe active systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). Findings demonstrate that in a patient population with predominantly severe disease activity, epratuzumab is improving patients' health as quickly as week 12, with the emergence of improvements as early as week 8."
http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/webarticlesnet/templates/new_empty.aspx?articleid=3273&zoneid=99

It sounds like they are pretty confident about it, and I'm guessing that they are in the final stages of testing.
Since your doc thinks that you are a good candidate, maybe you should give it a try.
Good luck!
Hugs,
Marla

Mica
04-27-2012, 04:10 PM
It sounds like a great opportunity, really it's up to what you feel is best for you.

steve.b
04-27-2012, 08:55 PM
it sounds like it is in final stages of trials.
i would suggest .....
go for it.

and i hope you get the real thing... not the placibo.

leaann
04-28-2012, 07:29 AM
I have a 70% chance of getting the real thing so I don't feel I could go wrong. I am what really is there to lose here and if nothing else I feel like I will be helping others out as well.