PDA

View Full Version : visit to endocrinogolist yesterday

kim,l
04-26-2012, 07:34 PM
well my thyroid is not working. seems it could have something to do with my pituitary gland sending wrong messages. also found out that i should be taking medication before food i have been taking this medication for 20 years and was never told this. have to up dosage. also results showed my vitamin d levels were low so i have take supplement. i explained how tired i am and my weight gain as well he definetly believes my diease contributes. but he was very straight forward in telling me that i am just plain worn out from all my family problems and having to look after everybody. he said he does not understand how i keep going. with what i have to do and the amount of stress i have. i was very thankfull for his understanding but i thought he would do some hormonal tests to see why i am obese and if there is any metabolism problems. i just do not know who i go to for these tests i need to no how to fix this. he also said that most celiacs patients are thin people not fat. but i have been diagnosed with it. i know lack of exercise probably contributes and i am going to see physio and get into hydrotherapy pool. i realised last night that i am at the end of rope my body and mind is exhausted but i do not how to fix it. thanks for listening kim

Manderson
04-27-2012, 06:18 AM
Kim, like you for many years I just took my thyroid pill whenever. And I should know better! Anyway a couple of years back I became very conscious of when I took it - no food or other pills within a 2 hr window of taking thyroid med. What I do is I keep it on my nightstand with a glass of whatever. Every morning without fail I need to get up about 4:30 or 5 AM to use the restroom. That's when I take it. So when I get up for real at 6:30 AM, it's already been in my system for at least 1-1/2 hours. I think you will notice a difference if you take it correctly.

tgal
04-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Hope they figure things out, Kim. Maybe you will start feeling better now that you know when to take the meds

magistramarla
04-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi Kim,
I've always heard that thyroid problems contribute to weight issues - either too much or too little weight. Hopefully, getting onto the right dose and the right timing will help.
As for the celiacs thing, my daughter was quite heavy before she was diagnosed. After she started eating strictly gluten and lactose-free, the weight started just falling off. Are you working with a nutritionist?
Take some time for yourself, girl. I know that as Moms, we try to be everything for everybody. However, you can't take care of everyone else if you haven't taken care of your own needs first.
Love & Hugs,
Marla

Nonna
04-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Just make sure he gives you a good dosage. That does help with energy levels. Start keeping an honest diary of what and when you eat. Get a calories book from the library or look online. Then with your information talk to a nutritionist. You have to try and exercise to. This is the only way I know of that does work

Courage my friend

Manderson
04-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Kim, just another thought. Given the recent stressors in your life, you may want your adrenal glands checked.