PDA

View Full Version : Lupus and the flu

E42brchick
04-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Yay. I have the flu. I started coming down with it today on the plane from AZ to DE. Fun fun. I was vomiting profusely and couldn't keep anything down until I got home and tried my cure-all, jello water. I swear that stuff works better than any med. But in addition to that I have severe diarrhea and I have a fever. I'm not sure if I can take OTC NyQuil, theraflu, etc since I'm on oxycodone and lodine. Dr isn't open right now and I can't be up all night with this fever. Any recommendations?

Thanks

E42brchick
04-28-2012, 09:00 AM
Welp I'm almost better just super fatigued. Guess it takes longer to get over being sick with lupus.

tgal
04-28-2012, 09:43 AM
The best place to go and find answers about what you can take is your pharmacist. Even if you can't get there usually they will take your call and let you know if it will mess with your other meds or be dangerous

runnergirl68
05-01-2012, 09:46 AM
You probably had the norovirus, its in epedemic proportions right now. I had it a month ago and my body is still recovering.

GingerOsborn
05-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Hey I was diagnosed with Celiac in 08 also! Jw are you on a gluten free diet completely? Did you have a scope? Are you still having issues? I think its ibs for me I am off my gluten diet to redo labs then off for a scope.
I hope you don't mind with all the questions! I have been looking for someone to ask!

Ginger

E42brchick
05-23-2012, 07:03 PM
I did have a scope and biopsies and they were inconclusive. so I'm back on the gluten again to get re tested soon also. Prior to the biopsies a few mos ago I was gluten free for 4 years