PDA

View Full Version : Help me stay on my path to feeling good!

diane 50
04-25-2012, 08:06 AM
Hello all. I am a new member. I have been just diagnosed with Lupus. I have other autoimmune problems but I don't know to much about Lupus except being sick and a lot of pain. I am happy to be here and learning all I can.

steve.b
04-25-2012, 08:28 AM
hi diane.
i am a male from australia.
i am 50 years old and have had the effects for over 30 years.
i have only been diagnosed about 3.

lupus is not the death sentence that it used to be.
that scared the ##### out of me, when i first tried finding out real facts.
all the statistics are scarey.
but with todays modified medications..... many of us hope to live to a ripe old age.
our lifestyles will be adjusted, but we will still be here.

diane 50
04-25-2012, 08:34 AM
Thanks for your reply Steve. I know what you mean it scared me also,I have heard about how it was a very long time ago so I am thankful for the treatments these days.

kim,l
04-27-2012, 03:52 AM
hello diane and welcome to our whl family . i know it can be scary i was diagnosed 4 years ago and i was really scared. but the wonderful people here i call my second family helped me through it and we are here for you hugs kim

tgal
04-27-2012, 07:55 AM
Hi Diane. We are glad to have you with us! The good news is that they have diagnosed you and they will start getting you on meds that should make you feel better! Your life may end up being a little different than you imagined but it can still be very good! Lupus is no longer a death sentence and things can get better!

magistramarla
04-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Hi Diane,
Welcome to WHL. I'm 54 and I have a mixture of a few autoimmune diseases. This site is a great place to find information, support and friendship from others who understand what you are going through.
Hugs,
Marla

Mica
04-27-2012, 04:08 PM
If your curious about lupus look through some old blogs and forums. I think that might give you some different insight on the disease.