PDA

View Full Version : I'm Pregnant With Lupus and I'm Considered High Risk

Ellie Hansen
04-23-2012, 04:53 AM
I haven't been online in a while since I've been feeling sick lately. I had to leave work multiple times over the past few weeks because I've felt weak and was vomiting and then I found out that I'm 9 weeks pregnant. While this would ordinarily be a very happy time for me and my husband, especially as newly weds, I am so scared because my doctor told us that I'm at very high risk because of my lupus. I haven't shared my pregnancy with other family members or friends yet, because I'm worried that I won't carry our baby full term and it would be heartbreaking to not only lose our first child, but to also have it publicly known on Facebook by all my friends that I lost my baby. It makes me feel already defeated, even though it's not certain yet whether or not I will miscarry. Have any other Lupus diagnosed women had trouble with pregnancy? When the doctor says "high risk" how high is the risk of not carrying full term? I wanted to talk to my mother about this - since naturally, you'd think your mother would be a good person to confide in. The problem is, she is one of the people I have to defend myself to all the time because she thinks I'm over dramatic and that my lupus symptoms "can't be THAT bad." I feel like she wouldn't understand and the only person close to me who knows is my husband. I feel like I have no one else to ask about it or talk to.

Chesterwin
04-23-2012, 06:35 AM
Wow, first I must say congratulations! I can't speak specifically about having Lupus while pregnant (I was just recently diagnosed, but I may have been symptomatic through both of my pregnancys without knowing it). I do know it's hard to be excited when you are so nervous, but you are already 3/4 of the way through your first trimester. Yes, there are a lot of things that can go wrong, but a positive outlook and celebrating one day at a time as it comes will certainly help!

Hopefully you can find an OB that will address your concerns and explain the high risk factors. If you are able to get an early ultrasound and see a heartbeat, you will feel so comforted, I hope! Congrats again, and even if you can't tell people around you, your cyber friends are for support!

Heather

steve.b
04-23-2012, 06:39 AM
hi ellie,

there have been a few ladies here that have recently announced there pregnency.

unfortunatelly not all have been lucky enough to carry full term.
but most did.
please look through the older threads, to find more information about them.
i am not thinking clearly enough at present.
but i did want to let you know, there is others who have carried full term.

debbie-b
04-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Congratulations to you and your husband.
We do have quite a few people on here, who have had succesful pregnancies.
I am very sorry, that you are not able to share the great news with your family and friends yet.
We are here for you, when you need to talk or vent.
My prayers and thoughts are with you, that you will have a happy healthy baby.

Debbie