PDA

View Full Version : I hate cymbalta!!!

tripLexie
04-18-2012, 12:11 PM
I do not like cymbalta! I just started on 30mg today and it's making me SO nauseous!!! I feel like I'm about to fall asleep too.

Not to mention, the RX cost me about $100 for that and a refill inhaler. Ugh!

Any thoughts of the cymbalta?

Manderson
04-18-2012, 06:30 PM
It was just okay. Gained a crapton of weight while on it. I'm back on Prozac and while it does nothing for my aches and pains, it's wizard for my depression issues.

steve.b
04-18-2012, 07:27 PM
remember that different medications effect different people in many different ways.

i too had a bad time on cymbalta, but i know people who are very good with it.

if cymbalta does not work, talk to your doctor about an alternative.

maybe noten or lexapro.
they are good for me.

tripLexie
04-20-2012, 07:11 AM
Well, I'm also having some other weird side effects. My teeth would not stop chattering. I could stay at work I was so nauseous. I am going to try to take it tonight... I couldn't risk taking it this morning and having to leave work again.

Should I call doc. about the teeth chatter?

LenaT14
05-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Hi, I've been on 60mg for about 9 months and the 1st few weeks were HELL! Before I got diagnosed they suggested it to help with some of my symptoms, back pain, migraines etc. I had night sweats and it made me nuts but I really think it helped take the edge off some of my discomfort and made other meds much more effective. BUT, beware that you have to taper off it, cold turkey is MISERY, and at this point I'm down to 30mg every other night for this month and then I would like to be done with it! I just don't feel like it helps in a flare and its one more pill to pop! Best of luck!

tripLexie
05-11-2012, 06:14 AM
I got off of the 60mg on Monday. Back to Lyrica.. I waso nly on it for 3 weeks, so he didn't taper.. I don't I've had any of the horrible withdrawl symptoms that I've read about. I'm so glad to be off of it. The Lyrica wasn't helping much before but I didn't really have any side effects. I'm on 150mg now and bumping up to 300mg next week. Thanks for the info!

LenaT14
06-15-2012, 11:31 PM
Hey there, I got off the cymbalta and between rheumy and new nuero suggesting Lyrica I finally agreed to take that. I was rxed 100mgs/day but I have only taken 50/day because im afraid of more weight gain. My poor body has been through enough and weight gain is already ridiculous from being unable to exercise and not caring about what I eat when I dont feel well. It seems to have made a difference and no nasty side effects so we shall see!

Manderson
06-16-2012, 09:15 AM
A friend of mine was just put on Lyrica for fibro and she's liking it so far. Just worried about weight gain as well. I'm still just plodding along with Prozac.