PDA

View Full Version : Now i'm becoming depressed

Mica
04-17-2012, 02:50 PM
So apparently there is no medical assistance for adults in the state of Texas. I have no insurance and obviously can't keep up with the medical bills while i'm waiting for my court date for disability. I'm getting so tired of all this everyone in any of those state offices keep sending me in circles. Now after 2 years of not being able to work I am now becoming depressed from my situation. All I want to do is crawl in my bed and never get up after this disaster of a day. I don't know what to do anymore I kept holding out hope that things were going to get better but there is no help here for people like me and i'm losing hope everyday. Financially I don't think I can hold out the 4 to 9 months I was told I was going to have to wait for a court date what do people do in this in between period? I'm just venting here just upset because of all this and my health keeps getting worse and I don't even have the money for my meds anymore. I shouldn't have to choose between my life and the the roof over my head, people shouldn't have to choose!

tripLexie
04-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Keep on venting, girl! I'm sorry I don't have much advice to offer.. I've never been in the situation and hopefully won't ever.

BUT, as annoying as it sounds right now.. Things WILL get better.

Whenever I call momma and vent about the latest issue, be it medical or not, sometimes she offers some good advice.. And sometimes, she simply says, "this too shall pass". I'm always SO mad and annoyed to hear those words. But, she's right. This issue of yours is definelty not one of my daily petty ones, and again, I do apologize that you're going through a rough patch...

But my prayers are with you. I hope someone on here comments with some better advice haha!

Love, a fellow Texan
Lexie

Marine wife
04-17-2012, 03:50 PM
You're right. People should never have to choose! I hope you don't have to wait too long for a court date. Feel free to vent all you want! We're here to listen.

leaann
04-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Please keep on venting all you need to,
I understand what you are going through I had to stop working in 2009 and I have been waiting on my disability we are in an appeal right now again. I hate having to pay for everything my self. We just lost our home and had to move because of the medical bills so yes it can get depressing. I am trying not to let this get me down as I spent over 8 years in depression because my 6 year old son passed away and that ruled my life so many years. So it is hard not to slip back into that.

I can't say as I have any advice, not good with that kind of stuff, just wanted to let you know that I am with you and that south carolina is no better than texas, not much help here either.

Wishing you the best and if the depression get worse please talk to the doctor or to someone even if it is some one on here.

Mica
04-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Please keep on venting all you need to,
I understand what you are going through I had to stop working in 2009 and I have been waiting on my disability we are in an appeal right now again. I hate having to pay for everything my self. We just lost our home and had to move because of the medical bills so yes it can get depressing. I am trying not to let this get me down as I spent over 8 years in depression because my 6 year old son passed away and that ruled my life so many years. So it is hard not to slip back into that.

I can't say as I have any advice, not good with that kind of stuff, just wanted to let you know that I am with you and that south carolina is no better than texas, not much help here either.

Wishing you the best and if the depression get worse please talk to the doctor or to someone even if it is some one on here.

Im sorry you had to go through that, makes what i'm going through a piece of cake. Thats why I love this sight because everyone understands and has been through something similar.

leaann
04-17-2012, 06:10 PM
We are all here to help and understand what one another is going through. Sometimes we can offer advice and sometimes we may just want to vent about what is going on but we are all here for the same reason. SUPPORT

steve.b
04-17-2012, 08:08 PM
i know tgal is also from texas.
she did it hard....
but she did it without any assistance at all.
maybe you two should talk.

debbie-b
04-18-2012, 04:00 AM
Hi Mica,

I am sorry too, that you are going through this. You are right NOBODY should have to go through such a hardship. We have enough to deal with, our health and daily pain.
This is the ONLY reason, why I am still working, I need my health insurance. I am pushing myself physicaly every day and come home after work in so much pain, that I can barely move.
I hope you can get help asap.

Debbie