PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal

lynday
04-13-2012, 10:10 AM
hello everyone,
I was wondering, yesterday I had a really hard day health wise. My arm, fingers and toes were tingeling all day. My right arm was so cold i had to take three showers to try and warm it up. I felt confused and tired and sick to my stomach. Yet I was not sick. I did have a sour stomach at bed time but felt fine after that. Today I feel gr8! I feel like i have so much energy and very little symptoms. When i went on vacation last week I also felt good. I had very little symptoms as well. I'm not on any meds yet so i'm not being treated for anything yet. I should also mention that my mouth was so dry yesterday and today it is not. My eyes are also not dry today. My husband thinks this may be in my mind. I tend to wish it was all mental but the reality is...blood work does not lie and mine has come up positive three times rnp and ana......I just want to know what is going on. How can i feel awful one day great another day than awful again. Is this normal? I'v already been told i have Raynords, Fibromyalgia and 99% MCTD or UMCTD! The dr,. that i will be going to on Thursday is also going to check me further for possiable Lupus.

Hugs
LynDay

Mica
04-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Well thats pretty typical for lupus for us to feel horrible one day and great the next.

Saysusie
04-14-2012, 07:43 PM
I was going to say the same thing..that is pretty standard for Lupus (for most auto-immune diseases, in fact) to be up one day and laid low the next. It could the result of exposure to fluorescent lighting or the sun; it could be the result of stress; it could be the result of something that you ate or something that you did; it could be your FM, Raynaud's etc. all acting up at the same time; or it could be none of these things and just the way that the illness affects you.
Auto-immune diseases are maddening, but what you are experiencing is not in your head! Everything that you described is a real symptom of one or more of the conditions that you have been diagnosed with. It is not uncommon for us to suffer from the symptoms of our overlapping illnesses simultaneously.
I hope that your doctor is able to give you some answers and that you feel better soon.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

lynday
04-16-2012, 11:59 AM
ty for all the replys. I am very new to all of this and a bit concerned as u can tell. When i wrote this post I was feeling great. However, this weekend i took a little turn for the worse. I'm so confused and tired. I threw up all weekend., but i'm not sick with a virus. I have no appitite yet my stomach is hungry (meaning i dont feel to eat) my legs were sweating then they are not. My head hurt me i have mild stiffness in my neck. The list is endless. went to one dr today that said could be milid lupus. How do you know if its lupus or not? How does a dr. figure out the difference between lupus and MCTD? The only thing that came back postive is my RNP......
Hugs
LynDay