PDA

View Full Version : New member.

cemmons24
04-12-2012, 09:34 AM
My name is Chris, 40 yearold male, diagnosed with Lupus about 2 years ago. I live in Greenfield, Indiana. I'm just getting worse with this condition, doctor put me off work due to the Lupus and narcolepsy. Don't know what else to say at this point. Life just gets worse I guess. Missed so much work its costing us our things. Looking into going on disability at this point. Any suggestions would be welcome! Have a good day everyone!

debbie-b
04-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Hi Chris,

Welcome to WHL.
What kind of meds are you taking? Sometimes it takes a while, until you get the right meds FOR YOU. Just because some meds work well for some people, doesn't mean they also work well for you.
What are your main complaints? Let us know a little more about you.

Debbie

Mica
04-12-2012, 12:52 PM
All i'm going to suggest is to get a lawyer for your disability. It's hard to get it on your on own and it's so stressful, once I got my lawyer they took care of everything.

magistramarla
04-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Hi Chris,
Welcome to WHL. You are not alone in dealing with all of this. We have several men here at the forum. I'm sure some of them will be along to greet you soon. We also have several people who have dealt with getting disability or are going through it now. I'm sure that they will have lots of good advice for you.
Please be sure to read through old threads and stickys for information and then feel free to ask questions or join in on conversations.
Hugs,
Marla

cemmons24
04-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! As far as meds just for the Lupus its just plaquenil and prednisone for now. I am on other meds for pain, narcolepsy, and then sleeping meds for nighttime. I also have a hemangeoma on my spine right above my buttocks and a smaller one on my right knee. They thought it was bone cancer at first, turned out to not be! Ill write more later, time to drive! Have a good day all!

steve.b
04-12-2012, 07:02 PM
hi chris,
i am another male with lupus, you are not alone in this.

i see you like nascars.
rob, one of the other males on here, is learning to be a drag car driver.

welcome to your new cyber family,
it will be good to get to know you through the forum.

again welcome.

running girl
04-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Hey Chris,

No specific advise, just a warm welcome.

I'm sorry that life has been so difficult and I hope it turns around for you soon.

Brenda

tgal
04-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Welcome aboard Chris. We are glad to have you!

cemmons24
04-13-2012, 07:46 AM
Mica: would u mind me asking how long it took for u to get it? Thank u!

cemmons24
04-13-2012, 08:02 AM
Hi Debbie! My main complaints are constant fatigue, lots of pain, night sweats, stiffness, VERY poor memory, I will start with these. A lot of my pain is from my back and knee problem, the hemangeomas I guess. The last scan I had the person that read it and made notes about it said I also have degenerative disc disease. My Lupus situation really started about 6 or 7 years ago. The quack doc I was seeing would only ever say "you are to young to have this problem or that problem". Well she did run an ANA test and it was "threw the roof" according to the doctor that found it. But the quack doc that ran the test never said anything to me about my high ANA count nor did they ever follow up on anything. So when I went to this new pain doc to see why my back and knee hurt so bad, the nurse there asked why my old family doc never done anything in regards to my ana count, so of course I told her I had no clue what she was talking about. Then the doc came in the room and said of all the ana tests she had ever seen that my ana was the highest, or off the chart she said. So she sent me to the lupus doc to be checked out futher, and more tests confirmed the lupus. The quack doc had know about the high ana count for over 2 years at this point and never did 1 thing about it. So they seem to think I prolly have had it for 5-7 years now. Would really explain why I was having such fatigue and other odd symptoms that all relate to lupus. Ok I have went on long enough for now. Have a great day all!

cemmons24
04-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Hi Steve and thanks for the warm welcome! Yeah I love racing of all kinds, NASCAR being my fav. But learning to drive a drag car would be so cool!! That's a lucky guy!
Have a great day!