PDA

View Full Version : Help from those who have successfully gotten their Soc Sec Disability

New2Lupus
04-11-2012, 07:12 PM
I received a thick packet from SS today of forms to complete and return before ten days regarding my disability claim. Has anyone successfully done this before that can offer any tips, suggestions, recommendations to hopefully getting approval the first time around? Any help is appreciated. :)

Ciji

tgal
04-11-2012, 07:26 PM
I am going to be no help. I was denied (as are most people) until I got an attorney. I know Rob did his on his own. If he comes on I am sure he will have some tips

FYI...Once approved you will get your Medicare 2 and 6 months from the date they decided you were disabled (They backdated my Dis. to April and there is a 6 month delay which is Oct. 2 years from that time... which is Oct of this year I will finally have medical coverage!). It is a long ride!

Mica
04-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Just get a lawyer straight off, I wish I did when I first started because they are so helpful. They are most likely going to deny you, sorry to say that but thats the system. Disability just kept pulling me through the wringer, it was so much less stressful once I got my lawyer. Sadly i'm still going through this process, I kept getting denied because of my age.

rob
04-12-2012, 02:33 AM
I am going to be no help. I was denied (as are most people) until I got an attorney. I know Rob did his on his own. If he comes on I am sure he will have some tips

FYI...Once approved you will get your Medicare 2 and 6 months from the date they decided you were disabled (They backdated my Dis. to April and there is a 6 month delay which is Oct. 2 years from that time... which is Oct of this year I will finally have medical coverage!). It is a long ride!

Actually, my father handled my case and did all the paperwork and legwork for me. He was something of a legal genius.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

scubagramplit
04-12-2012, 08:08 AM
I replied to an add that was on WHL, the dissability digest, signed up for the e-mail updates and pretty much followed the info from there, I didn't buy the book, however I did get excepted the first time which took about a year and a half. I will say that in the course of me trying to keep working and the doctors that I had seen I had some very good records to back up my claim. And the most important, Pray! good luck.