PDA

View Full Version : Throbbing pain at temple, aching jaw

tripLexie
04-09-2012, 08:47 AM
I've had a throbbing pain at my right temple for 5 hours now. I am miserable. It's sharp, almost stingy, and hurts to touch. (I didn't hit it.. No brusing.)

I'm also having some extreme pain in my jaw. Well, more like my gums. They're like extremely achey. Ugh.

I just took some Tylenol, what my rheum. reccomends for headaches. I mean, I guess this is a headache.

Maybe a side effect of the new meds? I recently started prednisone. Plus the Lyrica and Omeprazole. Ugh... Anyone else with the same thing? Help me relieve this pain!!!

ritzbit2
04-09-2012, 08:54 AM
When I first started steriods I was getting bad headaches from them for maybe the first week or so and then they went away. If the tylenol doesn't help and its still there tomorrow I would call and ask what else to do for it. I take extra strength excedrin and that sometimes helps more than tylenol.

leaann
04-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Hi,
last week I started having a pain at my temple on the right side and then it went down to my eye then my ear and my jaw, I wound up going to er, they did nothing but when I went to the doctor yesterday, he stated that I had Temporal Artists and TMJ Mine had gotten infected so bad that they put me on antibiotics, it seems to help and is not as bad as yesterday. Maybe you should talk to your doctor about it. I would have never thought that was my issue, But I had never heard of temporal artists but however I have had lock jaw before or TMJ before. It is not cool and causes alot of pain.

hope you get some relief soon

EJRN
04-12-2012, 08:47 PM
It almost sounds like your trigeminal nerve is inflammed. Can you tolerate ibuprofen? Tylenol doesn't help with inflammation. Although it is probably painful to the touch, maybe you can try an ice pack or heat to see if either of those may bring some relief

rob
04-12-2012, 09:12 PM
It almost sounds like your trigeminal nerve is inflammed.

I was actually thinking the same thing. I was diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia a couple of years ago. I have had some terribly painful experiences in the past, including passing a kidney stone, and more than a few broken bones. The pain from all of those things combined pales in comparison to the pain from a T.N. flareup. It was horrible, debilitating pain. Eventually Neurontin in it's max dose got the pain under control.

Rob

Angel Oliver
04-13-2012, 12:37 PM
I had similiar pain and then i got lock jaw a few times.The last time i cracked 3 teeth including a gold crown...it was terrible.....i have tmj but go get it checked as above it may be TN.
love
amanda.x