PDA

View Full Version : New here. Sick all the time. What is it?

supersleuth
04-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Hi all. I have been sick for quite some time. I've had every test under the sun. All of my ANA tests come back normal, all the usual tests come out normal. The only reason my doc knows I'm not lying is that my hand ultrasounds revealed joint damage. The only tests that come out abnormal are usually my high Leukocytes and certain urine tests. My doc doesn't think I have Lupus because of my negative tests, and has never seen my rash. She thinks I have RA.
Could RA be responsible for all of these horrible symptoms? I'm so tired of being sick and tired and having no energy to play with my toddler. I'm here looking for support and answers. Also looking for other's experience's with Plaquenil and wondering if anyone else is affected by weather.

My symptoms:
Painful hands and feet. Stiff fingers, tingling hands. Weakness.
Symptoms flare with weather changes, but now, more frequently not just with weather.
Pain in lungs
Extreme fatigue/sick feeling like I have the flu
Stomach aches (all tests and colonoscopy normal except inflammatory cells found)
Dry cough (no saliva sometimes) mostly at night. Must sleep with water by bedside.
Chills and low grade fever.
Hair loss
Hypothyroid
Occassional butterfly across my nose and cheeks (not really a rash) more like a pink raised area--very light but definitely there across the bridge of my nose and cheeks.

I'm on:
Armour Thyroid
Plaquenil (just started 3 weeks ago) (not helping)
Prednisone

Codi98
04-09-2012, 02:09 AM
You just have to be patient autoimmune stuff is complexed. We all know how frustating it is. Just stay positive least she has you one some mds that are commonly start an autoimmune dieses, you will get it figured out and we are here to listen

supersleuth
04-09-2012, 06:57 AM
You just have to be patient autoimmune stuff is complexed. We all know how frustating it is. Just stay positive least she has you one some mds that are commonly start an autoimmune dieses, you will get it figured out and we are here to listen

Thanks Codi. To say it is complex is an understatement! lol! I do feel better knowing there are others living with similar issues. Its so hard to get my husband and family members to understand how I feel because I look fine on the outside...

tgal
04-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Hi and welcome to WHL!

I wanted to comment on the plaquenil. It is a great medicine and it will help but it takes between 3-6 months. It is not fast. Actually I was saying it wasn't working up until the day I realized I hadn't had a rash in about a month and that some of my symptoms were better. I still didn't realize how much it had helped until I went off of it and went into the worst flare of my life! Give the meds time. If it is Lupus those two should help slowly but surely. Not ALWAYS but much of the time

steve.b
04-09-2012, 09:43 AM
..... Its so hard to get my husband and family members to understand how I feel because I look fine on the outside...

maybe this will help.
it helped me.

http://forum.wehavelupus.com/showthread.php?11692-The-Open-Letter-To-Those-Without-CFS-Fibro-…

tripLexie
04-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Take a picture when you get your rash! We all understand what you're going through. It took me 10 years to get a blood test to show something. The entire time I knew I had something auto-immune goin' on. I started to take pictures of every rash, swelling bout, etc., that occured and showed them to the doc. Stat connected here on WHL and you'll get there- whatever it is that's ailing you!

Welcome,

Lexie