PDA

View Full Version : Update: Rheumy appt

New2Lupus
04-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Okay, so I had a rheumy appt on 3/26. I was a bit taken back at his bedside manner. I do understand he is supposed to be a leader in his field and people come from all over to see him.

But I asked him to explain what my positive ANA of 640 meant. His response "that is the least of your worries."

Okay.

So, he proceeds to tell me I have bad arthritis and need new knees and need to lose weight. Okay (LOL).

Once I asked again about the positive ANA test, he said "one is false positive."

Okay. Still have no answers.

He said he didn't think I had lupus. But what was he basing that on? I could not tell you. Even with the sun sensitivity (to which he said for me to wear a sun hat and do not go outside without sun screen)

the rashes, he said I needed to see a Dermatologist when it was active and possibly have it biopsied. Okay!!

So, he ran a tons of test, (5 viles of blood) and I go back on May 17th.

I still know nothing. :(

Frustrated, pissed off, mad, sad, glad, and everything in between!!!

Thanks for letting me vent.
Ciji

steve.b
04-05-2012, 09:00 PM
some people are not game to say they do not know.

he could at least have explained that it is too early to tell.
more test are needed to help eliminate possabilities.

this we all know......
why do they not explain it to us.
just to keep us in the picture.

magistramarla
04-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Why are so many rheumys so arrogant? Do you have a good relationship with your PCP? Perhaps he/she could ask the rheumy for your records and discuss them with you.
Hugs,
Marla

kim,l
04-06-2012, 06:27 PM
sorry things did not go so well it can be a long drawn out process to get some answers hang in there . kim welcome to whl family

tgal
04-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Sad to say that way too many are like this. This is why it takes some months, years and for a few, decades to get a diagnosis. Everyone, doctors included, need to learn about this (and all other) AI diseases

New2Lupus
04-07-2012, 09:18 AM
Thanks all! Marla, I do have a good relationship with my pcp and am planning to discuss all the results with him. HOpefully I'll get some answers soon. :)

C