PDA

View Full Version : Blood in my Urine Again, plus Dental Issues

DrinkofWtr
04-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Well I woke up this morning with a bad back ache and my stomach hurt, then I noticed blood in my urine again. I hadn't had it in a couple of months and was hoping it would go away -- wishful thinking. I have to admit I am scared to death of the tests the urologist wants to do. First though, I need to get in to the dentist, as I have a hole in one of my teeth that needs to be filled. Anyway, I am scheduled for the cavity to be filled this Friday. At least I feel like I am accomplishing something as far as my dental health is concerned. I am grateful though that I am not working fulltime anymore, plus having to deal with the medical and dental issues.

magistramarla
04-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Hi DOW,
Is Sjogren's one of your AI diseases? Dental issues and interstitial cystitis are both common with SJS.
I had blood in the urine when I was super-stressed. Hopefully, as your stress lessens, it will get better, as it did for me.
I've also had lots of dental issues, so I'm with you there, too.
Get those urinary issues addressed soon, and take care of yourself.
Hugs,
Marla

DrinkofWtr
04-04-2012, 02:31 PM
I don't even know what Sjogren's is. I'll look it up on the internet. Never been diagnosed with it.

magistramarla
04-04-2012, 02:43 PM
DOW,
Here's a good place to start - http://www.sjogrens.org/
It certainly explained a lot of my symptoms.
Hugs,
Marla

debbie-b
04-05-2012, 04:11 AM
DOW,
Here's a good place to start - http://www.sjogrens.org/
It certainly explained a lot of my symptoms.
Hugs,
Marla

Mine too, including my first ever nosebleed.

Debbie

DrinkofWtr
04-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Well I looked up Sjogrens and I don't seem to have those symptoms, but I'll ask my Dr. about it when I see him next time.

Mica
04-05-2012, 03:20 PM
I have really bad dental problems too but I have had poor teeth since I was a kid and I did take care of them. Have any of ya'lls teeth been bad from childhood or did it just start with you got sick?

DrinkofWtr
04-06-2012, 09:57 AM
If you are asking if the teeth we had from childhood got worse with lupus, I really can't say mine have gotten worse. They were pretty good since childhood. I suspect my daughter has lupus, although she refuses to get tests to find out, and we were just talking about teeth She told me, which I didn't know, since she is now 32, that she has never had a cavity. I believe, and I may be wrong, but I think that heredity has a lot to do with it, plus, of course, good dental hygiene.

DrinkofWtr
04-06-2012, 10:02 AM
So I had blood in my urine for a couple of days and as mysteriously as it started it stopped. I am post menopausal and have had a hysterectomy. It's crazy. So far, even the Drs. can't figure out what is going on.

magistramarla
04-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Mica,
I've had bad dental problems since I was a kid, too. As an adult, dentists have often lectured me about dental hygiene, but I knew that I was doing what I was supposed to be doing. Once I got the SJS diagnosis, my dentist acted like a lightbulb lit up. He said that I've probably not been producing enough saliva for a very long time, which explains the dental issues.
Now that I'm taking Pilocarpine to increase the saliva and using Biotene products, I'm having less dental issues.
Hugs,
Marla

DrinkofWtr
04-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Mica, I agree with Marla that Biotene products are really good.

Mica
04-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Mica,
I've had bad dental problems since I was a kid, too. As an adult, dentists have often lectured me about dental hygiene, but I knew that I was doing what I was supposed to be doing. Once I got the SJS diagnosis, my dentist acted like a lightbulb lit up. He said that I've probably not been producing enough saliva for a very long time, which explains the dental issues.
Now that I'm taking Pilocarpine to increase the saliva and using Biotene products, I'm having less dental issues.
Hugs,
Marla

I know I was so glad when biotene came out. I should ask my doctor next time I go and see if that happens with AI diseases.