PDA

View Full Version : Night sweats?

chikititalinda
04-02-2012, 07:25 AM
I know this has been discussed before, right now I can't think, much less do a search and comprehend what I am looking for. My oldest son who's 19 woke up with a terrible nightmare last night around 2, you would've thought someone broke into the house. I was not able to go back to sleep afterwards so Im a walking zombie right now.
Anyway I've been having night sweats again, im tapering my prednisone and not sure if its that or not. I know this has happened before and I've ended up in a flare, I hope a flare is not possible while on prednisone.
Im so sick of being sick!

runnergirl68
04-02-2012, 08:26 AM
I have horrible night sweats when I flare, but I know prednisone can cause nights sweats as well. Get some rest if possible and feel better.

chikititalinda
04-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Thank you I will try. I can hardly wait for 5'oclock to get here, I've been sitting at my desk all day without doing not a thing. I am blank. I cannot think. If I had the time to take off I would not be here now.

DrinkofWtr
04-04-2012, 12:23 PM
With me it is either the night sweats or I am terribly chilled to the bone. There is no inbetween. I felt like you yesterday chikitalinda, I could not think. Between the lupus and hypoglycemia that I have, the brain fog can be awful at times. I sure can relate.

magistramarla
04-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Yup, fuzzy socks on, fuzzy socks off, then on again. Sometimes my hubby finds them on his side of the bed in the morning (Don't ask!).
It's covers on, covers off all night, too. We keep the room at 64 degrees, but I still spend part of the night with the covers thrown off.
Hugs,
Marla

E42brchick
04-08-2012, 06:32 AM
I also get terrible night sweats. I'm literally drenched, my hair and pillow are soaked.... In addition to that I also have a tendency to sweat a lot easier during the day too. It doesn't take much for me to be pouring sweat and it's quite embarrassing really. Not sure if it is from the hydrocodone or oxycodone?

SleepyInSeattle
04-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Yikes - I get them too. For some reason, eating a very light dinner seems to help. Maybe my body has less fuel to run the CrazyBus on? I dunno....

They sure are a pain in the rump.

tripLexie
04-09-2012, 10:08 AM
I'm starting to get the sweats too. I've recently started a very low dose of prednisone that isn't even helping.. But it sure as hell is causing some side effects. Ugh. I hope you resolve your problem!

scubagramplit
04-09-2012, 12:47 PM
thats me right there, I always wear a t-shirt to soak up the sweat:~{ I am no longer taking prednisone, guess I should do some updating:~|

I also get terrible night sweats. I'm literally drenched, my hair and pillow are soaked.... In addition to that I also have a tendency to sweat a lot easier during the day too. It doesn't take much for me to be pouring sweat and it's quite embarrassing really. Not sure if it is from the hydrocodone or oxycodone?

magistramarla
04-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Hi Jim,
Long time, no see, my friend! Welcome back!

I can't take prednisone, so I can't blame that. I think that we just all have broken thermostats.
Hugs,
Marla

scubagramplit
04-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Oh I've been hanging around. Just not been feeling all that great, seems that the spring with all the preassure changes just really kicks my butt.

E42brchick
04-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Well a newbie here so nice to meet you! I'm glad we can bond over sweat lol