PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Lucys mum
04-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Hi all
Have been reading some threads on here. My daughter had recently been diagnosed, she is only 9 and it's pretty scary as you can imagine, it's good to know are not alone x

Marine wife
04-01-2012, 12:28 PM
You are most definitely not alone. Welcome!

tgal
04-01-2012, 12:34 PM
You are not alone! We are so glad that you found us! Please make yourself at home and welcome to the WHL family!

DrinkofWtr
04-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Welcome. I believe there are some young people on here with lupus for your daughter to chat with.

steve.b
04-01-2012, 07:53 PM
hi lucy's mum,
when i first read what i could find about lupus, i was very scared.

but with the advancements in medicine, things are not as bad as they were a few years ago.
even the older drugs have had a makeover.
many of us expect to live our life to a normal age.
some of us are living very full exciting lives, whilst others have had to modify our lives dramatically.

we are here because we need each others support.
please know we are here for you, and lucy.

Lucys mum
04-03-2012, 06:53 AM
Thanks everyone. I'll keep reading and find my way round in here then maybe get her to have a look too x

chikititalinda
04-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Welcome Lucy's mom, this is a great place to come learn as much as you can about this horrible illness that as you already know, does not discriminate. It also offers lots of support and lends for a good "ear".

Leahc
04-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Welcome Lucy's mum. My son who is 14 was diagnosed in Aug. with SLE and was hospitalized for 7weeks. He has been out now for going on 6 mos. and is doing well. I too stumbled upon this site and am so happy that I did!!! Helps knowing that there are others going thru what Dylan is and helps me to better understand this disease. It's tough watching them go through this but just gotta be there for them and listen when they need to vent.