PDA

View Full Version : Accidentally took 2 doses at once..



tripLexie
03-28-2012, 08:52 AM
Yesterday, I posted on here how groggy and dizzy and terrible I felt ALL day.

When I was leaving work, I quickly realized the culprit.

I noticed my pill organizer. At the time of 5PM, I should still have one pill (my 2nd dose of Lyrica 75 mg) left. But today, I had none.

I had SUPER brain fog yesterday morning, and must of taken both doses (along with my Meloxicam and Omeprazole) instead of the normal single dose.

Any idea how bad of a mishalf that is? I feel muc better today.

debbie-b
03-28-2012, 10:05 AM
At least you have an explaination for your symptoms.
I don't think it is that big of a deal, since you are feeling much better today.
I know brainfog can mess you up in all kinds of areas, including your pill schedule, it has happened to me before, now I double check and take my time, when it comes to taking my meds. When you are in a hurry, that is when mistakes like that happen.

Debbie

Saysusie
03-28-2012, 10:43 AM
It depends upon your dosage of the medications. You are taking the standard dose of Lyrica (75mg two times/day). For Lupus and Fibromyalgia, doses can be up to 450mg/day. You can increase your Lyrica dosage to 300 mg within the period of a week without any significant side effects. Most hospitals do not consider an overdose of this med until the daily dose is up to 8000 mg/day.
The fact that you feel better on a higher dose of Lyrica might indicate that you could increase your dosage. Perhaps you can speak to your doctor about this if it is something you'd like to pursue.
I hope that this puts your mind at ease a bit.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

ritzbit2
03-28-2012, 03:39 PM
I did something similar last week. I just couldn't get myself up and was so tired but for once lately wasn't actually feeling sick! Well I took my sleeping pills in the morning and had taken all of my morning pills the night before. I did it twice in one week.

tripLexie
03-30-2012, 06:29 AM
At least I'm not alone!!! Hahha : )

magistramarla
03-30-2012, 10:41 AM
LOL - It's worse when the hubby accidentally takes your pile of pills instead of his own! Mine did, and my pilocarpine that I take for dry mouth symptoms made him drool for several hours. It was hilarious!
On a more serious note, it's a good thing that I don't take anything stronger than Plaquenil. He's in the military, and they have random "whizz quizzes". If he had ingested a narcotic and it showed up on a test, he would have been in HUGE trouble.
Hugs,
Marla