PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with my boss

tripLexie
03-27-2012, 10:47 AM
I've worked for this private oil company in a boomtown of west Texas for almost three years. I know that's not a long time, but I am only 20 and for some reason I have a strong loyalty to them.

I could leave, and get paid several dollars more and hour for almost any other company. Hell, I could go work at Walmart and get paid more. I've waited patiently for a raise but my idiotic, air-headed boss is more worried about the workers getting their raises.

We're a service company for the main oil company. In our company, I am one of 3 in the office. Me and the other woman I work with are hard-working, focused, and very skilled in all our software and accounting. Our boss, who does the HR and SOME accounting, take a day to do what I could do in 2 hours. She's ridiculous.

I asked her to see about getting me a raised (I get paid the LOWEST in the entire company. I've been in this specific service company for 10 months now. We're supposed to get raises after 90 days.)

I am so fed up! I am PUSHING myself so hard to come in every morning and I'm treated this way. I'm a very private person about my 'pain' and I'm embarassed to show weakness. So, granted, maybe they can't really see how miserable I am due to the cover I try to use. But regardless, as a devoted and hard-working employee, I deserve to be treated right.

Sorry for the rant, I needed to vent!

DrinkofWtr
03-27-2012, 11:14 AM
I would recommend that you find and take another job. You are young and that isn't the only company in the world. Company loyalty can only go so far. You deserve to be paid what the market will bear. If they have not raised your pay in that amount of time, I would start looking to go elsewhere where I am valued. My advice is don't leave your current job though, until you have secured another.

Saysusie
03-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Another reason to consider finding alternate employment is that you do not need to add any stress to your life. You have a condition which is exacerbated by stress and this is certainly something that you do not want to happen.
So, in order to avoid worsening of your symptoms and/or a flare-up, perhaps you could consider alternate employment since it appears that this might be an easy option for you.
I wish you the best
Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

leaann
03-27-2012, 05:13 PM
I agree with the others finding another job my be the solution, I was in a job back a few years ago and I worked very hard and was no recognized for it and then I got treated badly when they found out I was sick that the stress was to much for me. You don't need any added stress in your life right now. You are young and could probably land any job that you set your mind to..
Take care and hope everything works out for you.

steve.b
03-27-2012, 09:47 PM
if the job is causing you extra stress....
maybe you need to look elsewhere.

loyalty is a two way street.

if you decide to stay.
talk directly to your company owner.
bypass your immediate supervisor.

true loyalty is earned.

tripLexie
03-28-2012, 06:10 AM
Thank you for all you're posts! While I'm not directly going to the owner.. I'm moving up in the chain of commaned to someone of higher importance this afternoon. Wish me luck!

DrinkofWtr
03-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Good luck tripLexie.

magistramarla
03-29-2012, 12:07 PM
Lexie,
Good luck. Can you take some classes and make yourself even more employable?
At your age, you can get a good education and quickly move into management.
Hugs,
Marla