PDA

View Full Version : Eye Vision Is Getting Worse

DrinkofWtr
03-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Seems like my eye vision is getting worse. My reading vision is about as bad as at gets. Now the distance vision is getting blurry too. I dread going to the eye Dr. to hear the prognosis, but I'll have to go as soon as I can fit it into my schedule.

n.mac
03-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Me too! I go to the eye dr every 6 mos due to the meds and she seems well versed in lupus/eye issues.But the last year my eye sight seems to have deteriorated rapidly-I went from no problems to not being able to read the paper without glasses in about a year.
Aswell I seem to have dry/itchy eyes all the time and eye drops do not soothe they burn so my next visit I'm hoping she can suggest some different eye drops as nothing I have tried helps.
But so far she sees no damage -just normal aging issues.

DrinkofWtr
03-27-2012, 11:08 AM
Have you tried the lubricating ones? The opthamologist who also does laser in my area carries the best eyedrops. I would suggest asking your eye Dr. for which one he would recommend for your particular eye problem(s).

Saysusie
03-27-2012, 01:03 PM
OMGosh..I thot I was the only one and that it was due to my being such an OLD person (lol).
I just got new glasses about 5 months ago, and already my close up vision is worse and the glasses are not helping at all.
My eyes are not dry..they are just not functioning. UGGH!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

bunny28
03-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Something's going on with my eyes too. I have never thought of them as dry but that is something to think about. I always at 30/20 vision or is it 20/30 vision meaning better than 20/20. At my last eye doctor visit, I told her it may seem like it is still 20/20 but I know that I see differently. SIgns on the road were my first blurry object but now I can't see the tv without my glasses. She gave me glasses but called them "optional" at this point. Lol, I now where them all day every day. I don't think it is medication related....just seems to be wonky. I don't want to pay to go back to and see my eye doctor yet so I may just try eye drops first and keep monitoring for now.

DrinkofWtr
03-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Bunny, It sounds like your eyes may have changed vision again. If I were you and could come up with the money, I would have them checked again soon. My problem is that the road signs are now getting blurry and before it was always my close-up reading vision that was wacky. I wish I had the money to have laser done. We have a top graduate of UCLA Med School here in the area where I live and he is one of the best laser opthamologists in the country. If only money wasn't a problem. I, unfortunately have no vision coverage in my medical plan.