PDA

View Full Version : Disability questions, please help!

tripLexie
03-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Okay- so I don't need disability now. But with my recent diagnosis of a possible Lupus/Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis.. It's got me thinking.

The company I work for offers amazing insurance. My medical is completely free, no deductions from my puny little checks. I have 401K that they match 50%. They also offer dental and vison, but I haven't bothered with those yet.

They also offer short and long term disability. I can't seem to understand the guidelines of it or even the principles of it.. If it's group insurance from a company, do you have to qualify? Eeek. I'm only 20 and barely understanding the whole 401K thing lol.

ruziska
03-26-2012, 01:07 PM
check out www.ilru.org then on the left side click on ILRU directory of CILS (centers for independent living). The people that staff the CILS are well versed on disability laws, regs, so on and so forth and can guide you. They have the resources that you may need. Shoot me a personal message if you want to discuss CILS further ( I happen to work for one)

tgal
03-26-2012, 01:47 PM
I will tell you what a lawyer told me when I first had to go out on disability. "You will get your short term disability but you will never see a dime of the long term without a lawyer". He was right. I wasted a WHOLE lot of money on that stuff

KevinRoy
02-15-2013, 01:38 AM
Hi,
I am new to the forum.
I think that you should consult your doctor about your condition or get a help from Disability Lawyer.
Thanks.