PDA

View Full Version : I hate razzolink!

magistramarla
03-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Hi Everyone,
I've been frustrated the last few days, since our internet provider has had such slow upload speeds that I haven't been able to do much on my computer.
Since we live on a part of the military installation that has no cable access, we are stuck with a slow system that the military has a contract with - Razzolink. I give it one big razzy!
It has allowed me onto the site today, and so far hasn't kicked me offline, so I'm going to try to catch up!
Hugs,
Marla

running girl
03-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Hi Marla,

You gave me a good laugh. I thought Razzolink was some kind of medication I hadn't heard of yet. Lol

Brenda

steve.b
03-24-2012, 08:42 PM
marla,
i use satalite connection.
is that an option for you?
there are no wires as such.
just a dish on the roof.

tgal
03-24-2012, 09:38 PM
Well whatever it is I am glad it let you on today!

magistramarla
03-29-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm back with a brand new router, so I'm hoping to not get kicked offline so often.
Steve, we don't have a choice for our online service - it's whichever company won the contract with the Army this year.
We live in old military housing that was built in 1952. The good thing is that we have the original hardwood floors that look like a dance floor when I lemon oil them. The bad thing is that they are slated to be demolished and replaced, so the cable company won't come in 'til that is done. The brand new (and much more expensive) homes in the next neighborhood over have high-speed cable. Ours is some sort of a wi-fi satellite system. Each house has an identical receiver on the roof. When we complained about the speed, they came out and lifted the receiver onto a higher pole. The problem is that when everyone is home in the evening, playing games or downloading movies (Direct TV downloads through the internet connection), our internet speed slows to a crawl and starts to randomly kick us offline. It is a frustration!
Hugs,
Marla

Mica
03-29-2012, 07:02 PM
That sucks, I depend on the internet even more now that i'm in a relapse. I have clearwire and it goes out all the time. Thats the only wireless that comes out to where I live.