PDA

View Full Version : a lupus poem

leaann
03-23-2012, 10:42 AM
I say I went to the doctor today, and you say oh you don't look sick.
Pill after pill, shot after shot, how can you not see and oh no how can you not know.

Brown bottle, white bottle, green bottle to, which bottle today. Maybe all that's what they say, oh but it will be o.k.

Did you know what to say, Comment this and comment that, all I hear is you don't look sick.

Did you knock on the door, did you come in and look at the floor. Did you see the room, the needles, the pens, the I.V.'s my friend.

You think it's hard, no you really don't know. You just stood at the door with that dumb look that hit the floor.

I hold my strength so that you don't fall, but then you left me all alone. Did you not know, could you not see, I was sparing you the pain.

I got a spoon today, one more than yesterday, not enough to carry on through the day, but better than before cause tomorrow there will be no more.

It's still brown bottle, white bottle, green bottle to, 3 more today how about you.

I cry tonight, I scream tomorrow, but in the end it's still pill after pill,shot after shot. Pain after pain.

Did you help my friend no you wanted it to end. So down the road you went.

I went to the doctor today, you didn't even ask why my friend. So now I crawl in the bed and pull the covers over my head. And here's where I will stay.

Oh no I don't give up, and I don't give in, I stand the pain, I stand the fight. How about you my friend. Oh wait you couldn't even lend a hand.

Lupus that's it, it ran through my mind, in my head, still couldn't believe why me.
Do I cry, oh wait do I die. Yes, no, maybe. Hopefully one day a cure.
A CURE THAT'S IT. A CURE.

Please help find a cure for SLE LUPUS

Saysusie
03-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Is this your personal work? It is very good and so appropriate and truthful. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

leaann
03-23-2012, 05:30 PM
yes this is my personal work, I was upset when I came home from the doctor today and sat down and wrote this.

steve.b
03-23-2012, 07:15 PM
yes this is my personal work, ..........

. Thankyou .

Nonna
03-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Beautiful, and expresses my feelings too.

Thank you

DrinkofWtr
03-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Powerful poem and so truthful. Thanks, Leaann.

leaann
03-24-2012, 12:05 PM
your welcome everyone