PDA

View Full Version : I'm back =)

ritzbit2
03-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Since it seems like my other account is just never going to work again I caved and made a new one with the ritzbit in it =( I have missed coming here! I still read the posts here almost every day. I haven't been doing the best lately but I'm hoping I will start feeling better soon. I'm trying to actually get in to see my rheum today but we'll see how that goes. I'm glad to be back! Hope you all are doing well.

tgal
03-22-2012, 09:33 AM
welcome back ritz!!!!

debbie-b
03-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Welcome back, Ritz.
I have been following you on FB. I am sorry, that you are not feeling so good lately.

Debbie

ritzbit2
03-22-2012, 10:11 AM
I'm waiting for my rheum to call (which by the time she does I'll already be in the middle of a lab exam...) and hopefully get me in to see her today instead of next Tuesday. The feet swelling has started again....

DrinkofWtr
03-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Hi. Ritzbit. Nice to have you back.

running girl
03-22-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm glad to see you again. Sorry you are feeling poorly.
Brenda

ritzbit2
03-22-2012, 03:56 PM

This is what my poor feet looked like last night. My mom is so sick of hearing me talk about them lol but I'm really worried because I think its vasculitis AGAIN. I can see tiny red pin pricks starting to pop up and I know thats a sign. I'm just worried. When my feet swell I freak out now because of what happened the last two times. My rheum ordered blood work today and said she'll see me on Monday.

steve.b
03-22-2012, 09:01 PM
glad to have you back.
sorry you are not doing so well.

how are things going in the life of britney?

kim,l
03-22-2012, 11:24 PM
hello ritz i am glad you are back i have missed and worried how you were doing sorry you are not well big hugs kim

ritzbit2
03-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Things are pretty hectic. I keep getting infections that I can't seem to get rid of, or right when one is gone I have another one. I have fallen behind in my school work and have an appointment next week with my advisor to try to figure out what we can do. I'm going to see if I can get the number of credits I need to be a full time student reduced so I can take fewer classes and still get my finacial aid money. I have just been so overwhelmed with the amount of work my classes need and I have been run down for almost 2 months. I have an appointment with my rheum on Monday and I'm just really confused about what she looks for in my blood work. If I wasn't so tired I would go into a long explaination of that lol Hope you all have been well lately!

magistramarla
03-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Ritz,
WHOO HOO! I'm so glad to see you back with your cyber family!
It's good that you are working with your adviser to make college a bit more comfortable for you. The college years should be fun, too!
Take care of yourself and let us know what your rheumy says.
BTW, I haven't been on FB for three weeks because a lot of posts by friends and family have been stressing me out, so I'm avoiding getting upset.
You know how it is - we need to avoid things that cause stress.
Hugs,
Marla

ritzbit2
03-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Amen to that. I get on fb to play dumb games that help me relax lol I really need to start having more fun in my life. I am just constantly exhausted and constantly on the go so I never get enough rest so I end up skipping classes so I can stay home and just sleep. It makes me feel bad and it makes me feel like my professors feel like I'm ditching a lot because its sporatic and I probably look fine to them. They don't see me limping around and they don't feel the exhaustion after 13 hours of sleep lol

Hunniebun
03-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Nice to see you again Ritz.

I am constantly exhausted as well no matter what I take or do, so I know how you feel there.

Saysusie
03-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Glad you are back Ritzbit2 (lol). Sometimes we just have to give in to technology and its glitches.
I do hope that you are able to get your school situation worked out so that you can keep your financial aid. I am sure that there is something that they can do. Does your school have a "Disabled Student Union" or something in that genre? Often, if you go to them for help, they have a bit more pull with financial institutions and with getting special compensation from the school.
I wish you the best of luck

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

ritzbit2
03-27-2012, 03:03 PM
The Disability Services at my school is trying to get me approved for a reduced course load right now so I will still be a full time student. I hope it gets approved I need to be able to actually focus on the things I'm doing in school not just get them done. My rheums office is writing them a letter.

Saysusie
03-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Great! I do hope that you get approved. Best Of Luck

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

ritzbit2
03-28-2012, 03:40 PM
I need it. I don't think with my schedule I can handle being there "full time". Im taking Organic Chemistry, Microbiology, Orientation to Biology, and Italian. And Chem and Micro both have labs with them. Soo much to do!

magistramarla
03-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Ritz,
LOL - Jeff was taking organic chem the semester that we got married. I woke up one night to find him searching around the bed in his sleep. He told me that he was looking for T-butyls. Then he told me that I would never understand and went back to sleep. I've never let him live that down.
College classes can be stressful, especially pre-med. I hope that you can slow down a bit and concentrate on quality, not quantity.
Hugs,
Marla

ritzbit2
03-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Lol I can't tell you how many times I have woken up doing strange things in my sleep when I'm stressed. I woke up the summer I was taking bio 120 (summer before my junior year of high school) and I was eating, breathing, sleeping, dreaming bio lol I woke up talking to my hand like I was on the phone about something I learned in class that night lol I hope I dont do that this summer with my boyfriend lol he would make fun of me endlessly.

magistramarla
03-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Yup! It's been 35 years, and I'm still telling the story! Hee Hee.