PDA

View Full Version : nerve biopsy

Codi98
03-16-2012, 10:45 PM
I have to go in for a nerve biopsy on monday and just wondering if any one else has gone through it and what to expect

steve.b
03-16-2012, 11:53 PM
talk to linda from australia.
i think she had one last year.
probably best to send her a personal message.

Mica
03-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Ive never heard of nerve biospy, what does that consist of?

tgal
03-17-2012, 06:37 PM
It is usually done on the wrist or angle and basically they just numb it and cut a small slit in the area. The remove a small piece of the nerve and send it for testing. It will be sore for a couple of days but not too bad. Kind of like when you cut yourself in the kitchen (lol like I did last week)

magistramarla
03-17-2012, 09:05 PM
I had a muscle biopsy, which is a bit more extensive. They took a piece of muscle from my upper arm, and I got to watch the whole procedure - pretty cool!
The two young docs were surprised that I had no problem watching, and had lots of comments when they were stitching the wound. I used to work for a midwife, and I've put in my share of stitches - LOL.
My students loved my scar. They told me to scare incoming freshmen by telling them that I got it breaking up a knife fight in the cafeteria. I taught in a rough school!
Don't worry about it. As Mari said, the nerve biopsy is much tinier and won't be scary at all.
Hugs,
Marla