PDA

View Full Version : Good NEWS!

Mica
03-15-2012, 10:47 AM
So I posted a thread about the leg pain that scared me. Anyway it got bad again last night and I just decided to go to the ER. They told me it was the lupus flaring and making my arteries(can't remember which word he used but you get the idea) constrict and restricting blood flow which is pretty painful. They pumped me full of morphine and sent me home with the instructions to check in with my Rheumy. So even thought it isn't really fixed totally I feel better that it wasn't something worse. Peace of mind.

magistramarla
03-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Mica,
That is good news. It gives you some nice extra information from the ER docs to take to the rheumy.
Was the term "vasculitis"? I've seen that term used often when blood flow restriction is mentioned. I had surgery for Avascular Necrosis, which comes from blood flow restriction causing a bone to start dying. Since I hadn't taken steroids, the osteopathic surgeon called mine "idiopathic", or no known cause. When I asked if it could be related to my AI diseases, he said no, but I have my own suspicions.
If you have a good rheumy who will listen to you, have a long talk with him/her about all of this.
Hugs,
Marla

steve.b
03-15-2012, 06:26 PM
i am so glad you found the cause.
as you said "peace of mind".

Mica
03-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Mica,
That is good news. It gives you some nice extra information from the ER docs to take to the rheumy.
Was the term "vasculitis"? I've seen that term used often when blood flow restriction is mentioned. I had surgery for Avascular Necrosis, which comes from blood flow restriction causing a bone to start dying. Since I hadn't taken steroids, the osteopathic surgeon called mine "idiopathic", or no known cause. When I asked if it could be related to my AI diseases, he said no, but I have my own suspicions.
If you have a good rheumy who will listen to you, have a long talk with him/her about all of this.
Hugs,
Marla

YEs it was vasculitis! The ER doctor told me that the lupus was causing and it does make sense with the symptoms i'm having. Though it's painful I do feel better knowing it wasn't something like a blood clot or something. I think I might have to wait a month to see my Rheumy but I have been trying to get a hold of her to tell her what happened. Thanks for the information it was driving me nuts not remember what he said.

tgal
03-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Oh the lovely vasculitis. Doesn't it make you look pretty? I know it sounds weird but glad to know it was something like that instead of something really serious.

Mica
03-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Oh the lovely vasculitis. Doesn't it make you look pretty? I know it sounds weird but glad to know it was something like that instead of something really serious.

Completely understand, I feel the same way.

DrinkofWtr
03-16-2012, 07:45 PM
I am sorry you were in so much pain. For them to give you morphine, it must have been excruiating! So glad you went to the ER.