PDA

View Full Version : Funny/Interesting News atleast to me

Nonna
03-15-2012, 02:14 AM
I had lunch with a cousin whom I hadn't seen in many many years, even though we talked via email. I asked about another cousin whom I knew had Lupus. She had to get a pacemaker for her heart and for the time she is very stable with no flares. Then my cousin told me that we had another case of Lupus in the family, this cousin was young in her twenties. What I noticed is that it's cousins and no siblings.

Just an interesting observation.

Just an FYI, my neuro problems are continuing and I have to call the neuro again. I begin to think that insurance companies forcing us to use cheap generics is wrong as they are not doing what they are suppose to do.

DrinkofWtr
03-15-2012, 06:24 AM
I firmly believe that some generics are not as effective as the brand name drug. It depends on the drug. All generics and all brand names are definitely not the same.

magistramarla
03-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Nonna,
I've seen a spectrum of symptoms spread out across my mother's side of the family. I'm convinced that there is a genetic tendency toward AI diseases, and that each individual's body just picks from all of the symptoms in the AI spectrum - one from column A, two from column B, etc.
Hugs,
Marla

tgal
03-15-2012, 12:00 PM
It is always nice to get in touch with family. Just an FYI... I miss you now that you sleep Nonna!!!

Nonna
03-16-2012, 12:51 AM
Obviously I'm not asleep tonight - migraine. I'll check out words next

Nonna
03-16-2012, 12:53 AM
Marla that's really interesting. My cousins are all on my Mother's side also

debbie-b
03-16-2012, 04:06 AM
I found out not to long ago, that my half sister ( my fathers daughter from his second marriage) also has lupus. Which I found interesting.

Debbie

magistramarla
03-16-2012, 04:11 PM
There was a great thread on the Sjogren's site a long time ago that laughingly called Sjogren's The Viking Warrior's Disease. Someone did a study that said that it is possible that the Vikings spread the gene for it around Europe. It tends to not cause problems until about middle-age, and before that, the person has an over-active immune system - not a bad thing for guys who are out conquering. More cases of SJS tend to be found where the Vikings settled.
My Mother's family came from a part of Scotland which had been settled by the Vikings, so it makes perfect sense to me!
I think that there are just certain ethnic groups that happen to carry the genes that make us susceptible to AI diseases.
Hugs,
Marla

Nonna
03-17-2012, 02:15 AM
Wonder if the Vikings and Germans ever mixed... Or were they Saxons back then. There might just be something to that.

magistramarla
03-17-2012, 08:31 PM
Nonna,
Here's a link to the thread:
http://sjogrensworld.org/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=b8a76bf5c53a32612094b665fc90c7 96&topic=11346.0

It's fun to read. Please tell me what you think if you read it.
Hugs,
Marla