PDA

View Full Version : Good News on Stress Test

DrinkofWtr
03-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Good news on my stress test. The Dr. said that the tests came back good and that my heart is fine. He said I had a very mild, silent heart attack some time ago, but that there was little to no damage done from it. Even though the test was an ordeal, like you guys said, it's over and I can have peace of mind for now.

tgal
03-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Great news!!!! Thanks for the update!!!

steve.b
03-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Good news on my stress test. .....I can have peace of mind for now.

stress test over....
no more stress for you.
both figeratively and mentaly.

magistramarla
03-08-2012, 09:44 PM
DOW,
That is good news. Sometimes it's worth going through some pain to get the relief of knowing.
Hugs,
Marla

DrinkofWtr
03-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Even though my stress tests came out fine, I am still having little episodes of discomfort with a heaviness in the heart area, and other sensations. I am going to go see my Dr. again and tell him about the two other episodes I have had since the tests were done. I believe it is better to be safe than sorry. This time I hope he takes my symptoms more seriously than the first time I told him about them. The first time he kind of pooh-poohed them, and chalked them up to indigestion. But now I have evidence that I had had a silent heart attack in the past. What I am trying to say is that maybe these tests don't show and mean everything?

kim,l
03-11-2012, 04:53 PM
yes it is better to be safe than sorry and it is worth mentioning to doctor but do not get to stressed as this will make your condition worse maybe ask him if you can have a monitor fitted for 24 hours to see if there areany episodes of pain or changes in your heart we call it a halter monitor here i do not know what they call it there but it could not hurt just to put your mind at rest hugs kim.

DrinkofWtr
03-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Kim, Thank you for your response. I have never heard of a halter monitor. I never knew much about heart problems. Only problems my Mom and Dad had with their hearts as they got older.

magistramarla
03-12-2012, 04:57 PM
DOW,
My hubby wore a halter monitor for 24 hours once because he was having an uneven heartbeat whenever he exercised. He went to the gym that day, but it didn't act up, so we tried a different sort of exercise that night (if you know what I mean - wink, wink). Sure enough, it showed up. I think that it was called tachycardia (not sure). They decided that it wasn't something that needed to be treated, but they noted that he should always be monitored when he does the annual PT test for the military. It was a "good to know" sort of thing for him.
It might be something that you should request.
Hugs,
Marla

rob
03-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Good news on my stress test. The Dr. said that the tests came back good and that my heart is fine. He said I had a very mild, silent heart attack some time ago, but that there was little to no damage done from it. Even though the test was an ordeal, like you guys said, it's over and I can have peace of mind for now.

That is great news!

DrinkofWtr
03-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Magistramarla, What is the military PT test? I was just curious.

tgal
03-12-2012, 06:20 PM
I hated that dang halter! LOL I couldn't find any way to go in public and hide it so I was getting asked every 3 steps what was wrong with me. LOL (I live in a small town and everyone knows everyone)

magistramarla
03-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Magistramarla, What is the military PT test? I was just curious.

Sorry - we're too used to using acronyms in the military. PT stands for Physical Training - it's just an annual physical fitness test - sit-ups, push-ups, running a set distance, etc. My hubby is a perfectionist and he would be upset at himself if he scored below a 95 on any part of the test.
He retired from the Reserves in 2009, so he no longer has the annual test, but that doesn't stop him.
He's studying at a military school, so he still goes to the gym with the active duty guys, and he bikes 6.5 miles each way to and from school every day.
I can barely walk and I'm married to Mr. Physical Fitness!
Hugs,
Marla

DrinkofWtr
03-14-2012, 10:35 AM
I know what you mean about acronyms in the military. I knew nothing about the military, even though my Dad was a WWII veteran, and my brother was a veteran, until I got a job on a Navy base. When I first started working there, I was bombarded with acronyms. It took me over a year to learn what most of them were and meant. Just didn't remember what PT was. It's been over 15 years since I worked there. Thanks for cluing me in again.