PDA

View Full Version : Nosebleed

debbie-b
03-07-2012, 05:10 AM
Last night, for the first time ever, I had a severe nosebleed, I am 56 years old. I have had a little trickle before, after blowing my nose, maybe two, three drops.
But last night I had a real blood nosebleed. It came out of nothing, I was eating my homemade chicken noodle spoup and felt my nose running, felt like mucus ( for lack of a better word,sorry), running out of my left nostril. I used my napkin to wipe it and to my big surprise, there was alot of blood.
It lasted about 10 minutes, it was not gushimg out, but running, even dripping on my shirt.
It freaked my husband out, he was ready to call 911, bless his heart. Luckely it stopped, but it scared the heck out of me. I know, some people have nosebleeds all the time, but for me it was the first.
What could be the reason? Does anybody know?

Debbie

steve.b
03-07-2012, 06:35 AM
i sounds funny...
but it was probably the soup.

if it warmed you up quickly, then it can cause your blood to warm and thin also.

i sometimes get nose bleeds when i work too hard.
my body overheats, and this causes my blood to thin out.

debbie-b
03-07-2012, 06:37 AM
i sounds funny...
but it was probably the soup.

if it warmed you up quickly, then it can cause your blood to warm and thin also.

i sometimes get nose bleeds when i work too hard.
my body overheats, and this causes my blood to thin out.

That makes sense. But the first time ever in 56 years? I have eaten hot soup before,lol.

Debbie

steve.b
03-07-2012, 06:42 AM
you are lupee.
not soupee.

tripLexie
03-07-2012, 06:49 AM
Hahahhahaha Steve.

I used to get them a lot while living in soth Florida during the spring. When I moved to west Texas (with lots of wind and dirt) suprisingly they stopped. But just last week I had my first nosebleed that didn't seem to be attributed to weather.. I thought it might of been the new medicine I started. I'm definetly letting the doc know next time I go in.

tgal
03-07-2012, 06:50 AM
One other thing to look at. If you are on in of the "chemo" drugs (Mtx, Imuran etx) you might want to have you platelets checked. Sometimes they can cause a nosebleed if the platelets drop too far down

Saysusie
03-07-2012, 08:12 AM
Steve..great information (and hilarious). I get nosebleeds all of the time. My doctor connected mine with the combination of my Fibromyalgia, migraines, and pain meds. They do come out of nowhere. However, the hot soup was something I had never heard of before..thanx for that info. I will pay attention to what I've eaten or drunk before my nose bleeds to see if there is a correlation.

Thanx Again
Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

debbie-b
03-08-2012, 04:35 AM
One other thing to look at. If you are on in of the "chemo" drugs (Mtx, Imuran etx) you might want to have you platelets checked. Sometimes they can cause a nosebleed if the platelets drop too far down

Even though I have not been on MTX for a few months now, my platelet count has been low for a while. Don't know why.

Debbie

brandywine
03-08-2012, 05:47 AM
I get nosebleeds too, and if I get a cut I bleed like a stuck pig.

Apparently my platelets are stuck in my spleen, so I bleed easily. Also, air conditioning really irritates the inside of my nose (or is it lupus ulceration? I don't know) and it just bleeds and bleeds and takes forever to heal. I end up rubbing vaseline up my nose to relieve the irritation and help the scabs heal, although I just found out that vaseline can block your sinuses so a water-based gel is better.