PDA

View Full Version : Joints that tear easily?

E42brchick
03-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Another symptom I have had is joints that tear easily. Back in 2009 I tore my left shoulder - labrum, bicep tendon, and a major ligament. The odd thing is I cannot pinpoint exactly how I did it (given the severity of the injury it's unusual). I was diagnosed with bursitis in 2003 but I was a bank teller for about 3-4 years at that point so I thought nothing of it. I just remember the pain getting worse and worse and in 2009 around April I went to see an orthopedic surgeon. Everything was totally torn. Had surgery in June 2009. Then in Nov 2009 my husband and I were rear-ended at about 30-40mph. Husband got 2 herniated discs at C5/C6, I have a torn and bulging disc at L5/S1, but I also tore the labrum in my hip too! The dr's were surprised and said it's a rare injury but could be from bracing myself with my feet on the floor of the car? Had surgery on my left hip Feb 2010.

Now, about 10 days ago my RIGHT shoulder is starting to have that same familiar pain. It doesn't feel like I "slept on it wrong" or that pinched nerve kind of feeling. It's a deep sharp, burning pain, and I feel like it's under my collar bone (like I can't reach it to massage it out). I'm also getting referred pain up in my neck... just like I did with my left shoulder.

I'm trying to find a new ortho to see if they will do an arthrigram (which is soooooo painful). But have any of you experienced joints that "tear" easily?

Thanks in advance

DrinkofWtr
03-04-2012, 06:42 PM
My boyfriend tore his left bicep and it still gives him a lot of pain. He tore one of the tendons, and never had it fixed. I am sorry to hear about your injuries and sorry that you are now having trouble with your right shoulder. He doesn't have lupus, so I don't think his joint tore easily.

tgal
03-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Here is some information from the Lupus Foundation. I was diagnosed with burcitis today and found this...

http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/webarticlesnet/templates/new_learnaffects.aspx?articleid=2322&zoneid=526

magistramarla
03-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Why is it that I always get multiples of whatever is listed?
From the page that Mari referenced, I've had Avascular Necrosis, Bursitis, Tendonitis and a torn meniscus in a knee.
I think that the inflammation from the AI diseases just makes us susceptible to all kinds of aches, pains and problems.
Hugs,
Marla