PDA

View Full Version : Nick Cannon Has Lupus Like Autoimmine Condition

BonusMom
03-02-2012, 09:07 AM
When it broke in the news about Nick Cannon's sudden kidney failure in January and then newly discovered blood clots, I couldn't help but wonder if he has SLE.

According to People Magazine, he has a "Lupus Like Autoimmune Condition." http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20575275.

rob
03-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Don't know who he is, but sorry to hear it. I see he's married to Mariah Carey, must be pretty well known. If it's actaully Lupus, maybe he'd be a good celebrity spokesman?

I found out about a celebrity I am familiar with having Lupus, the singer Toni Braxton. Mom said she was on Dr. Phil yesterday. I didn't know she has Lupus.

BonusMom
03-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Nick Cannon hosts America's Got Talent on TV and a couple of radio shows. He and Mariah have twins that are probably a year old, or close to a year old. He's hilarious and does a great job as a TV host.

n.mac
03-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Nick is hilarious and I think he would make a great spokesman-He is one of those celebrities that everyone seems to like.

DrinkofWtr
03-04-2012, 06:34 PM
N.mac is right. Nick is someone that everybody likes.

rob
03-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Nick is hilarious and I think he would make a great spokesman-He is one of those celebrities that everyone seems to like.

I went and looked up a couple of clips from his stand up comedy routine. There's a part where he talks about hair conditioner...

Nearly spilled my drink laughing!

BonusMom
03-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Yeah, he's got some good material. When he's hosted AGR, he plays right along with the, ahem, contestants that aren't so talented and it's a hoot! He would be an excellent spokesperson for Lupus-especially brain fog!

When my bonus daughter told me a couple months ago that he wasn't returning as the host of America's Got Talent, I was serious bummed. I hope this is just a rumor and will be proven wrong.

magistramarla
03-04-2012, 09:50 PM
I only know Nick Cannon from seeing him appear on the Rachael Ray show, and I really liked him. He was Rachael's guest while Mariah was pregnant, and asked Rach to teach him how to prepare something that he could serve to his wife in bed. He was sweetly inept in the kitchen, but was very determined to do something nice for his wife.
He was on the show again soon after his beautiful twins were born, proudly showing off pictures. He seems to be a loving husband and Daddy.
I hope that his docs help him to quickly find the right combination of meds to bring his AI disease under control.

The Huffington Post had a good article about him and featured a slide show of several celebrities who have AI diseases.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/02/nick-cannon-autoimmune-disease-lupus-health_n_1316620.html
I would like to see all of them speaking out more to bring attention to AI diseases. Elizabeth Hasselbeck seems to be the most outspoken of them. She has helped to make celiac disease and gluten intolerance well-known.
Hugs,
Marla

DrinkofWtr
03-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Unfortunately, Nick, as we all know, is not well. I heard him say on the TV that he was going to cut back on his schedule. He did make it to the superbowl though . He had some kind of commitment there. I was surprised to see that he made it there. It was so soon after he was in the hospital with his kidney failure. He was great on America's Got Talent and played along with the contestants there also. Simon was nasty to him. Always commenting on how crummy his clothes looked. I thought his clothes looked great.. .. One time I saw him kind of get back at Simon though. I guess he had taken enough of his negative comments. I noticed Simon backed off after that. That was just before we all heard about him going into the hospital. Did any of you see the pic with him and Mariah in the hospital bed together? It was a touching photo. You could just tell they were a happy couple.

BonusMom
03-05-2012, 06:47 PM
It was reported today on www.KCRA.com that Nick Cannon has Lupus Nephritis (sp?).

Saysusie
03-06-2012, 11:15 AM
I saw him on the NAACP Image awards where Mariah was receiving a life time achievement award. At that time, he mentioned how devoted she was during his hospitalizations and thanked his fans for their prayers as it had saved his life. I did not know, at that time, what his illness was, except that he was having kidney failure. Now it all makes sense.
I am sorry to hear that he has this disease and I hope and pray that he is able to manage it and to live a relatively normal life in spite of it.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
03-06-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm not at all surprised that his diagnosis is Lupus Nephritis. I hope that his docs are able to get it under control quickly.
I also hope that both he and Mariah become strong advocates for the Lupus community. They are a lovely couple.
I happened to see Toni Braxton being interviewed on The Revolution yesterday. She spoke very clearly and well about her
struggles and living with Lupus. She is another extremely lovely lady who is very strong.
Hugs,
Marla

Ellie Hansen
03-08-2012, 12:58 PM
I feel like there needs to be a powerful spokesperson for Lupus. I read a post by chinadoll which made me literally cry. She wrote about her struggle in trying to get disability while she physically cannot work. I feel like America just doesn't get it, and doesn't understand the fullness and severity of this disease. Heck, I had no idea that lupus could even be fatal until I started reading posts here on WHL. I had heard of lupus when I was younger but I didn't think it was anything that serious until now. maybe if America knew by listening to a celebrity, then they'd be more motivated to help me changes so that people suffering from lupus can get the disability and support that we need. It's terrible to think that there are some of us who can't work but yet are still denied disability. That story just absolutely broke my heart today.

DrinkofWtr
03-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Really sorry to hear that Nick's diagnosis is lupus nephritis. Also, sad to hear that Toni Braxton has lupus too. I did not know she had it.

ritzbit2
05-24-2012, 11:17 AM
I have been following all this stuff with Nick Cannon since it came out he had lupus. Have any of you watched these already? I really like them and am so happy that he is open about being sick unlike so many other celebs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSTyfZUX2ps&feature=related