View Full Version : New here looking for help :)

03-01-2012, 05:56 AM
The past two years I have been dealing with vast crazy symptoms that the doctors cant pinpoint to anything. I have had severe fatigue and I have a 2 year old that I have guilt about because I dont spend enough time with her because I am exhausted all the time. My joints hurt on and off I can't do much or I will be in bed for the next few days. I also have had a swollen breast it was like a whole cup size larger than the other one. i looked it up and found breast mastitis. I also have scabs all over my scalp and they are thick. I am always just feeling sick. The only thing I found that most people have when they have lupus is swelling the only swelling that I have noticed is in my breast...although my eyes are always killing me like they are gonna explode from pressure and constant migraine headaches. I also have what looks like a mild butterfly rash which comes out alot when I have a shower.... I am going to try to post the picture I have of it. I also was diagnosed with raynauds years ago. So I am gonna post the picture and please let me know if i am crazy....I have been searching the internet for my symptoms and come up with lupus or fybromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome. Thanks so much for your help. :)45454545

03-01-2012, 06:29 AM
hi and welcome,
it would appear that there is some thing going on with you.
but i am not a doctor.
i would suggest asking for a referal to a rhuematologist.
they are the specialist that works with auto immune disorders.

if you have breast issues, i reccommend following up on it.
everyone has "slightly" different sizes on each side.
but if there is a dramatic difference, there is usually a medical reason for it.

03-02-2012, 05:58 AM
Welcome to WHL.
Steve is right, even though everything points to Lupus, including the rash, only a rheumatologist can make a proper diagnosis.
You should see one asap, so that the doctor can start you on the proper meds.


03-04-2012, 08:08 AM
I agree with the above statements. The mastitis is unusual though, unless you are breast feeding? I know it is common with moms who nurse when they get engorged (I had it once and it is horrible), however it's usually accompanied by flu-like symptoms, it's hot to the touch and literally rock hard. However, I do agree that you should see a rheumatologist and perhaps an obstetrician or PCP to have your breast checked out. Keep a journal of your symptoms and keep taking pictures so you can be prepared when you see the doctor.