PDA

View Full Version : Anyone happy with Celebrex?

tripLexie
02-27-2012, 07:54 AM
I've started taking Celebrex for my joint pains. I was having pain severe enough to wake me up at night. I haven't had a night like that since starting Celebrex, but I don't feel much relief either. My wrists and ankles KILL me. Morning, all day, and night. I don't have any swelling (which almost ticks me off, because maybe it would give some validity to my pain) but they are in a constant ache. I don't know if I'm aloud to take aleve or anythig like that later in the day when I'm guessing the Celebrex where's off. I think I might ask for something stronger when I see the PCP in a few weeks.

steve.b
02-28-2012, 02:19 AM
i have used celebrex for about 3 years, i am happy with it.
my wife uses celebrex for her swollen joints also.
she is happy with the results.

how many capsules do you take.
it is reccommended that 1 tablet is used for minor inflamation.
up to 3 capsules a day may be required if inflamation is severe.

speak to your doctor about dosages.

tripLexie
02-28-2012, 06:33 AM
Okay, I think I'll have to do that. It may be helping and I just don't know it. Did it take a few days to start kicking in? I'm only on my 5th day.

Thanks for the info!

Angel Oliver
02-28-2012, 08:20 AM
Yes im on celebrex and thought it wasnt working till i forgot to take it lol. It just takes the edge off but doesnt get rid of all the discomfort.I also may need to ask the doctor to increase it.

love
Amanda.x

LenaT14
06-15-2012, 11:41 PM
I take 200mgs/2day, it takes a while to get into your system for full theraputic effect and when I get miserable during the day i will take 1000 mgs of tylenol. My wrists and ankles are problems for me but no swelling here either!

cyberqueen
06-23-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm on it and very happy with it. Since I've had SLE for 24 years, I am pretty sure I"ve been on just about everything. Was on Lodiene when things started going downhill in March. Over the last few months, I went to Mobic, did a solu medrol dose pack, as well as a couple of toradol shots. The last drug they tried was celebrex and although it didn't do anything for my shoulders (replacement is only fix at this stage- right replaced 6/6/12....left will be replaced after I recover). I LOVE it for the rest of my joints. Had to get off it for 2 weeks prior to shoulder replacement and thought I would die with the pain! Like Amanda, I didn't realize how helpful it was until those 2 weeks without it...yikes!

So that's my story :-)