PDA

View Full Version : I'm not crazy after all!

tripLexie
02-24-2012, 09:18 AM
As hard as it is to process the news of a chronic disease, I am so relieved.

I'm not crazy after all!

It's been hard dealing with sypmtoms for the past 10 years with no answers. It was also hard dealing with a parent who was in complete denial of any sort of illness. I literally began to question my sanity and started to think, "Is this really all in your head?". I mean, even some doctors started using that excuse. I started to think that I must of some sort of mental problem and over the course of a decade I created this crazy idea that I was 'sick'.

But my gut was right. Blood tests are coinciding with symptoms, and these things I'm feeling ARE real. And while this is all scary, and somewhat new (I've kept up on my research on Lupus for years), I am so relieved. And even though my diagnosis is still a little questionable (SLE, systemic sclerosis, MCTD..?) at least we know it's SOMETHING auto-immune.

Sorry for the un-informative post, I'm just SO ready to start this treatment process. While it may become a long and winding road filled with all sorts of speed bumps, at least I've began the journey.

debbie-b
02-24-2012, 01:04 PM
Only another Lupie could understand what you are feeling.
None of us wanted to be sick, especially not with an horrible disease like Lupus, but we wanted to know and get treatment. And be believed by friends, family and doctors. It is not a good feeling to think everyone looks at you, thinking that you are a hypochondriac.
For that reason, I am glad that you have a diagnosis, but I am sorry that you have the disease.

Debbie

DrinkofWtr
02-24-2012, 02:30 PM
I was told I was a hypochondriac for so many years, like so many others here on this sight. It was such a relief to get a diagnosis, even an informal one. Now you can go on with your life and live it the best you can.

magistramarla
02-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Hi Lexie,
Yup, sounds familiar. My dx is MCTD, too. It basically means that we have an overlap of several AI diseases. Luckily, they are all treated pretty much the same way, so at least this gives you a path for starting some treatment.
Hugs,
Marla

Mica
02-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Well luckily with a lot of those AI diseases use the same medication. So even if the exact diagnosis might not come for awhile at least you will start to get better.

steve.b
02-24-2012, 08:43 PM
your thread title said it all.

the relief of knowing!!!!!!!!

as my avatar says
i am not a complete idiot
parts of me are missing.

only a lupie can understand your feeling.

i'm lupie

BonusMom
02-24-2012, 10:29 PM
All I can say is "Takes one to know one!"

Welcome to the lupie club.