PDA

View Full Version : Stress Test next Week

DrinkofWtr
02-23-2012, 04:36 PM
Well I get to have the stress test at the hospital next week to see how much blockage is in my heart area. This is the one where they IV you and shoot you up with radioactive isotopes in order to get a good Xray. I heard it's not so bad. Haven't been on a treadmill in a long time though.

kim,l
02-23-2012, 09:03 PM
good luck on your xray hope you find the answers you need i have had this xray but i was allergic and can not have it anymore but i know plenty people who have and they said it was not to bad hugs kim

debbie-b
02-24-2012, 01:15 PM
The test wasn't so bad, but the treadmill was about to kill me.LOL
It was painful for my hip joints and my knees, but being short of breath was by far the worst. I always have shortness of breath with any excertion.
But at least, I didn't have any visable blockage.
Good luck.

Debbie

DrinkofWtr
02-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Debbie, Did your test consist of walking and running, or only walking? I was told they aren't going to run me.

debbie-b
02-24-2012, 02:39 PM
I would consider it running, they called it fast walk. I beg to differ.

Debbie

magistramarla
02-24-2012, 04:03 PM
DOW,
Good luck! I would hate to ever have that test. I can't do treadmills because of the Meniere's. Any time that I've tried one, I get vertigo and sort of fly off of it. That would be a funny thing to see in a test setting! So, think of me and laugh while you're doing it.
Hugs,
Marla

Mica
02-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Its not just a regular treadmill, mine changed slope as I was walking and it was so painful on my knees and hips. The treadmill test it's that bad but they make you walk for a good amount of time and want you to get to a certain heartbeat. Yea that dye its really bad at all, unless your allergic.

DrinkofWtr
02-24-2012, 07:35 PM
I am afraid that they are going to make my walk a run and I can't run not in that kind of physical shape.

magistramarla
02-24-2012, 08:08 PM
My physical therapist has a treadmill built into a huge hot tub. I loved that thing. He had me worked up to walking at a pretty good pace, with the jets turned on in front of me, so I had to work against resistance. Being in the "weightless" environment really made a difference.
Now, if they could just do a stress test in that!
Hugs,
Marla

BonusMom
02-24-2012, 10:42 PM
Every day, of late, has been a "stress test" for me.

All kidding aside, Superman had a stent placed several years ago and this year he had a "medication induced stress test" where meds where injected into a vein in his arm. He did not have to do the exercise on a treadmill routine.