PDA

View Full Version : Finally down for the count.

E42brchick
02-22-2012, 10:28 AM
Ugh. Today is not a good day. Extreme fatigue, nausea, serious light sensitivity. I feel like I started the day with only 3 spoons :(

Any tips on how to cope with these symptoms besides just resting? Any advice is always appreciated :)

steve.b
02-22-2012, 09:30 PM
no tips.......

just hugs.
rest and start tommorrow anew.

E42brchick
02-23-2012, 07:34 AM
Thank you. It's difficult to realize sometimes that's how it is with lupus. I guess I'm still in the realization phase of the diagnosis. I appreciate the words of encouragement, I needed it.

tgal
02-23-2012, 08:51 AM
So sorry that you are having difficulty with what we lovingly refer to as "lead blanket fatigue". It really is one of the hardest things to deal with. You just have to give in to it and rest. Hopefully it will pass soon.

We will be here for you until it does

SleepyInSeattle
02-23-2012, 09:21 AM
I am fairly newly diagnosed, and I think there must be "stages of grief" you go through. At first, I was just so RELIEVED to have a diagnosis and get a doctor's help!!!!

Right now, I am in the phase of slowly and painfully realizing that this is not like other stuff where once they find out what's happening, they can more or less "cure" it. It's still gonna be there, it's just got a name now.

On the bright side, I am slowly learning to cope with it better - I prioritize sleep over housework, etc...I take ibuprofen at the drop of a hat to head off inflammation, I eat very healthy, etc. And the Plaquenil FINALLY seems to be helping - after about 4-5 months.

But I still have reeeeeally crappy days sometimes. I think it's just part of the package.

Do be sure to tell your doc - keep a journal of symptoms, and if you need relief, TELL YOUR DOC! S/he might be able to help.

steve.b
02-24-2012, 07:53 PM
I am fairly newly diagnosed, and I think there must be "stages of grief" you go through. .....

once again it is tgal that has the best description of grief.
she states there is 7 stages.
hopefully she will read this and attach a copy of the stages for us.