PDA

View Full Version : Arthritis and Lupus Linked To Lower Birth Rates

RSS Bot
02-21-2012, 12:12 PM
A multi-center study of a national survey published in Arthritis Care and Research, a journal of the American College of Rheumatology (ACR), has established that over half of women with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and systematic lupus erythematosus (SLE) have fewer children than desired. Leading researcher, Kaleb Michaud, Ph.D...

More... (http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/241958.php)

tgal
03-08-2012, 10:47 PM
A multi-center study of a national survey published in Arthritis Care and Research, a journal of the American College of Rheumatology (ACR), has established that over half of women with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and systematic lupus erythematosus (SLE) have fewer children than desired. Leading researcher, Kaleb Michaud, Ph.D...

More... (http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/241958.php)

This is me to a tee! So much of my life is making sense Since my diagnosis!

magistramarla
03-08-2012, 11:23 PM
I was definitely the exception to this! I had my five babies long before I got the AI diagnosis. I do think that I was having a few mild symptoms while the kids were little, but luckily, nothing slowed me down until the kids were mostly raised.
I don't know how you ladies manage to keep up with kids when you have the lead-blanket fatigue. I'm so glad that mine were adults before that fatigue started hitting me.
Hugs,
Marla

bunny28
03-18-2012, 04:33 PM
This is sooooo me! My diagnosis helped me to deal with some of the guilt I felt after making our decision to stop. Pregnancy loss sucks and with SLE, that challenging first year of babydom with no sleep is, in my humble opinion, even harder. It was "nice" to have a reason why we suffered losses once I was diagnosed. I have mentioned this before in another section but my labour and delivery was anything but "normal" (if there is such a thing) and I suspect my body was reacting to the physical stress of it all with a flare of its own. Anyway, just my two cents...nice to see others felt the same way and/or had similar experiences. Somehow it feels good to know we aren't alone.

Hunniebun
03-26-2012, 07:13 PM
I really want to start, I have that damned antibody that causes blood clots in the fetus and I am scared like crazy about having a miscarriage...I don't know if I can handle it. I have wanted to be a mother since I was a little girl and I still want to be one, I long to be one. My doctor warned me that when I try that I need to come to him and be monitored throughout the entire pregnancy and also that it will be very hard on me. Makes me depressed sometimes...But I understand why we'd have fewer children than desired.

bunny28
03-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Hunniebun - SOme docs recommend treatment like baby aspirin in first 20 weeks or whatever so be sure to talk to your doc before you are pregnant to see what course of treatment they want to take for you. I believe I have my monkey because I doc listened to me (before my diagnosis) and recommended a treatment to try...Stand up for yourself if all I can say. Pregnancy loss is hard but sometimes the desire to have a baby can overcome the fear and pain. ( I had 2 losses before monkey)