PDA

View Full Version : The best news, ever.

debbie-b
02-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Some of you know, that my sister in Germany is batteling lung cancer.
She had half of her lung removed, had her second round of chemo and today she had an MRI and a lung biopsie and the result is, SHE IS CANCER FREE.
I am sitting here laughing and crying. I am grinning from ear to ear.
I had to share this with you guys, especially Rob, since his dad is going through the same thing right now.

Debbie

BonusMom
02-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Woo hoo! That is awesome news! I hope that good news is catching (i.e. that Rob's dad gets the same news).

tgal
02-20-2012, 01:08 PM
AWESOME News!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing! We always need good news!

steve.b
02-20-2012, 06:23 PM
i am so happy for you.
my father also lost 1/2 a lung to cancer.

Saysusie
02-20-2012, 08:56 PM
That is such wonderful news and so very encouraging. I can feel your happiness in your words and I am so happy for you, your sister and your family!

I love good news, thank you for sharing yours with us.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

rob
02-20-2012, 10:52 PM
This is great news Debbie. Awesome news actually. Dad is home after having the upper lobe of the right lung removed. So far, so good.

Cancer Free, is a possibility for Dad.

I told him about your sister. He will be very happy to hear this good news. I also told him about Steve's father, and his success in beating lung cancer..

All of this gives us hope, gives him hope.

I'm so happy for your sister, Debbie.

Rob

SleepyInSeattle
02-21-2012, 10:31 AM
That is wonderful....you must be walking on air!!!!! :-D

Bonita
02-21-2012, 11:44 AM
I am so happy for your family
Bonita

Hunniebun
02-21-2012, 02:30 PM
That is indeed wonderful news.

debbie-b
02-22-2012, 05:06 AM
Thank you everybody, for your response.
I have talked to her yesterday and she sounds so relieved, but she said it hasn't sunk in yet.
She said it was all worth it, the very tough surgery and the even tougher chemo therapy, loosing most of her hair,( but she has a very good wig ), IT WAS WORTH IT.
Now she has to get some strength back.
Life is good.

Debbie

magistramarla
02-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Debbie,
I'm so glad to hear the good news about your sister!
It sounds like Rob's Dad, Steve's Dad and your sister should become internet buddies.

Sorry I'm so late catching up here. Jeff's been swapping out our computers, and I've been sick with a cold.
Hugs,
Marla