PDA

View Full Version : Hi , from New Orleans also. My cajun name is" Dawnikis"

dawnikis1951
02-19-2012, 02:11 PM
I have Lupus, which is has been ongoing for 20 yrs, pretty much controlled lately. Recent diagnosis of Gastroparesis had thrown a real bug into my health. I have lost 16lbs, can't eat etc.. On Reglan now for 2 weeks, 4 more to go to see if it works. I do not have healthcare except at the University system at Lsu, N. O. Does any know hoew long the Reglan takes to work, if it does?
Any suggestions to maintain my weight. I am doing lots of supplements, protein, am on only liquids for next 4 weeks. Am losing a lb a wk and only weith 106 and am 5'6"
.Help---any suggestions...
Any groups that meet here in New Orleans? I could use the support.
Dawnikis

kim,l
02-19-2012, 02:23 PM
welcome to whl we are a family here and will support you the best way we can i cannot help you with weightloss as i have opposite but there will be members who can feel free to look at our other posting ,

steve.b
02-19-2012, 11:56 PM
hi dawn,
and welcome.
i cannot offer weight advice.
but i did want to say hi.

tgal
02-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Just stopping in to say hello. I do know there are meds that can be used for weight gain however you will need to talk to your doctor to see if you are a candidate or not. I can't help with the health care issue because I have none myself.

Welcome to our WHL family. We may not be local but you are a part of our cyber family now and we will always be here for you